Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sponsoring Vendors
272 Posts
On a lazy hot day, sadly wandering home from 2 weeks at Wilderness Gateway Campground, Lochsa River, 2014 (which reminded me of the sad bus rides home at the end of YMCA summer camp), I made an appointment with a bubbly person who expeditiously brightened my day. This is an independent presentation of AIRE's USA manufacturing facility/process which creates some of the finest whitewater crafts Made in USA. You'll need to click this external link to our site where I can control the presentation of the images and text. If you see something we've missed, please post a note and I'll add it to the text (thanks), Lee S., Admin for The Boat People.

There are four pages in total : AIRE Factory Tour Page One

In Boise, some other things I ran into:

These guys at the Idaho Military Museum were so friendly. The museum was closed, they were outside working on their sprinkler system and invited me in for a tour. I had the entire museum to myself! I tried to fly one of the jets out of the showroom but I guess it was out of gas!

At the State Capital I ran into the Governor who drives himself to work each day. Alone, exiting his vehicle I said hi and he returned the greet.
PS. The way I figured he was the governor is he drove up the street/curb area right to the front door, all the way to the Capital building.

Peregrine World Center for Birds of Prey

Idaho US Forest Ranger Fire Watch Tower moved to Boise

·
Registered
688 Posts
very cool! Nice looking purple Puma. Is Aire still offering Purple? It hasn't been listed on their website for quite some time, and they are rare on the river. I think the purple boats are rad.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Steve-

AIRE does still make lots of purple boats, but it's sort of a special order so it normally takes about five weeks. Same thing for gray and lime. -Lee A.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd also like to meet someone who's visited this Ranger Fire Watch Tower! It was by far the scariest thing I've done in years! It felt like the board slats could crack. The wind was blowing and it was swaying back and back like a swing. The whole thing was creaking. Those Rangers sure were brave! Lee S.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi Steve-

AIRE does still make lots of purple boats, but it's sort of a special order so it normally takes about five weeks. Same thing for gray and lime. -Lee A.
Yep it's a cool production line they have. I toured it a couple weeks ago. They say the Lime green is so hot a color the past year or so that they cant get the fabric and make them fast enough. The gigantic weld table in the back that they use for manufacturing Oil spill retention and recovery bladders is freaking off the hook amazing tech.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts