Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hero

I can't compare the Hero to the Diesel since I havn't spent any time in a diesel. But I just got a bunch of days in on the Super Hero.

It's a strange looking boat. I didn't think I'd like it but it's a damn fine boat. I was mostly creeking in it since I'm trying to find something to replace my huck which is a little small.

Here are my impressions...
Fast as a mother. Carves nicely. I thought it was very responsive and predictable. It doesn't have much rocker but I didn't find it to be a liability boofing possibly b/ of the speed I could generate. I had a great time in it on OBJ. It took the waterfalls like a champ.

It seems like a good all around design. I'm not sure if I'd use it as a dedicated creeker (planing hull/edges and all). But so does the Diesel.

All that said, you should get in them both. Nothing like firsthand knowledge.

Late,
Dan

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I like everything about my Diesel. Seems like a really good copy of the midsize H3 with a little more volume.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I will have to agree with everything Dango said. One other aspect is that the new bulkhead in the Super Hero will be just like the Rocker. That bulkhead kicks A$$!! No holes in the hull and gives just a little in major impact. Haven't paddled the diesel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've also narrowed down my list of boats to the Hero & Diesel 65. Paddled the diesel in the pool but not on a river yet. I have not found a Hero to demo (think The Craw may have one), are they in the shops yet?
Also I'm in that crossover range for size #165+/- & 5' 7". Any guidance on the fit of a Hero vs. Super Hero.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think a main difference between the Diesel and the Hero is that the Diesel is wider and flatter while the Hero is narrower and rounder. Since the Hero is narrower, it is faster. Since the Diesel is flatter, when it gets submerged, it resurfaces slower.

Then there is also the difference in the plastic.

And, there is the difference that the Diesel is available but the Hero isn't even though EJ says his shop no longer has a backlog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts