Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to add tip protection to a Sawyer paddle. Does anyone know if it is necessary to remove the existing protection tip protector (which is difficult to remove) or can I epoxy the new tip protector over the old? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
551 Posts
What type of paddle and what is the blade made of? Epoxy can be a poor choice of adhesive, depending on what type of protector you are using, and applying. More info would help to answer your query.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of paddle and what is the blade made of? Epoxy can be a poor choice of adhesive, depending on what type of protector you are using, and applying. More info would help to answer your query.
It's a wooden Sawyer blade with a black protectant material for covering. I think it may be a fiberglass material. Thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts
One more question..... What material did you want to use as a wrap? Sorry it has taken so long to reply......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its called Pro Tip a u shaped fiberglass material that slips up on the blade to cover about 1/2 " of the edge. Its by Sawyer Wood Products. As I am writing this I realixe I can call them directly. Appreciate your interest and help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts