Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from a ruby horsethief trip and found a drybag with some gear in it that isn't mine. Looks like a member of our group threw the bag in my car in our hasty de-rig, not verifying that the identical drybag to ours didn't contain our gear. I feel terrible!

Name the color of drybag and what was in it and I'll send it back to you post-haste!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's my belief that it was from a ruby horsethief trip that was taking out, but I'm definitely going to contact that ranger office if I don't get any responses here in the next couple days

·
Super Moderator
4,509 Posts
It's my belief that it was from a ruby horsethief trip that was taking out, but I'm definitely going to contact that ranger office if I don't get any responses here in the next couple days
The rangers check in on the Site periodically, but MB is not an official clearing house for L&F items - it's more hit or miss posting stuff here. You should contact the ranger's office ASAP.

Reactions: MT4Runner

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bummer. Hopefully they get it back. Good reminder to write your name, cell # and email address on your stuff. I got a Watershed bag back from a Gauley River Ranger a number of years ago that way. Hopefully this owner is so lucky.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
I made a stencil with my last name and phone number. Super easy to give a quick paint spray and label everything semi-neatly...kayak, raft paddles, soft cooler, drybag...
Of course you did.

It amazes me that folks don't put at least their phone number on stuff. It's a law in Colorado that boats must have the owners name and contact information on the craft, but few do this. Given the cost of the gear, vs the cost of at least a sharpie, and the pile of lost and found every year at Westwater with no identifying information on it, seems counterintuitive.. But then that's just me..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.