Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone who visits this forum regularly to volunteer as a safety correspondant. The job is simple: forward any accounts of accidents appearing here to American Whitewater. Ideally we'd like to find several interested people so if someone goes on vacation, the other will get it.

We are interested in any whitewater accidents, involving all skill levels. We'd also like to hear about near-misses and outstanding rescues. I don't mind multiple submissions at all.

These accounts will be added to our newly revamped accident database which helps us design our safety program. It also becomes a part of the twice-annual safety overview in the American Whitewater Journal.

You can send us a report two ways:

1) Cut and paste the material to an email and send it to [email protected]

or

2) Go to the American Whitewater Safety Page, click "report an accident", and add the material directly to the database.

I visit from time to time, but with so many chat rooms and bulletin boards out there it's hard to keep up.

Thank you,

Charlie Walbridge
AW Safety Editor
[email protected]
304-379-9002 (West Virginia)

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Helio, you going to do this?

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
Sure. I have a plush government job where I can search the buzz about every day. But he did say multiple correspondents would be welcome, so it doesn't have to be just one guy.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I have 742 posts, oops 743 so its pretty obvious that "I come here often". I will help keep an eye out.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I can do it, too. I'll e-mail you.

COUNT

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mr. Walbridge,
Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for all your hard work over the years.Have your book . and although it may be somewhat morbid,am always keenly interested in the accident reports in AWJ.Keep up the good work.
Sincerely Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts