Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I came upon a terrible accident after leaving Rincon on Saturday around 7:30pm. It was a White Subaru Outback and a large white SUV. One of the worst head on collisions I have ever seen... Does anyone know if he made it? I have been looking around on the net but couldn't find anything about it...

·
Registered
501 Posts
I believe this is the accident detailed in today's Salida newspaper. If so, reportedly the 22 yr old man in the Suby had drifted of the shoulder, over-corrected, and lost control. He was not wearing a seatbelt and died. The family in the SUV escaped serious injuries, even though their vehicle rolled. Alcohol is supspected.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
That sucks...the corner at Rincon is a notorious spot for crashes, I think there has been at least 1 semi a summer roll over the guardrail and into the river there...everytime I paddle past that spot I think about how bad it would be to have a vehicle roll into the river right at that moment...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I came upon a terrible accident after leaving Rincon on Saturday around 7:30pm. It was a White Subaru Outback and a large white SUV. One of the worst head on collisions I have ever seen... Does anyone know if he made it? I have been looking around on the net but couldn't find anything about it...

I was on scene for this accident as well. From what I saw when I walked up there was no way he was going to survive. As it turns out it was a young man from Coaldale and he did indeed pass away. This is a tragic reminder for us all that A: Life is short so you had better live it well while you can and B: WEAR YOUR SEATBELT. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I was happy to hear that the driver of the SUV escaped without serious injury, it sounded like he probablly had severe spinal damage but apparently that was not the case.

--Zach

1 - 4 of 4 Posts