Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The traditional free public access to the Milk Run at Johnson Village Hwy 285 bridge is denied to boaters. It is a DOW fishing easement, but a sign says no boater access. So now new boaters who are doing their first whitewater run on the Ark on this classic Class I and II section the the privilege of paying an outfitter Wilderness Aware or the other guys) to put in. Horsepuckey!

·
addict
739 Posts
there is a path down to the river behind the rafting company AAE. walk around their parking lot, the far right side if looking at the place, and down to the river. i have put in and taken out there many times this year. never noticed any signs.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Gate up?

there is a path down to the river behind the rafting company AAE. walk around their parking lot, the far right side if looking at the place, and down to the river. i have put in and taken out there many times this year. never noticed any signs.
I used this putin for years, but I had friends try to use it a few weeks ago and there appears to be a locked gate blocking the walkway / steps to the river. We ended up using the rafting company across the street. I think the company that used to allow private boaters to use their property to access the river sold to new owners. Not sure how accurate that info is.

Kim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts