Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo Again Buzzers-

Poudre River Kayak and Canoe in Fort Collins is offering an American Canoe Association Swiftwater Rescue Course taught by instructor Dave Zader June 3-5. The ACA SRT Course covers topics including agressive swimming and throw bag use, rope systems, and entrapment issues. The ACA course is widely accepted for whitewater raft guide certification and is a great, affordable option for private boaters looking to learn or brush up on skills.

Schedule:
Friday June 3 6-9pm
Saturday June 4 9am-5pm
Sunday June 5 9am-5pm

Cost:
$85 per person
*Includes $25 donation to Poudre Paddlers and 1 copy of River Rescue by Slim Ray and Les Bechdel.

Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis, so give us a ring at 970-493-5720 for more information and registration.

Thanks,

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'm interested in recertification and how much it would cost? My SRT ran out last june and I don't know if that means I can't recert or not. Dorvaks is carging $147 dollars to recert!

89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, with our already discounted rate, we cannot offer a reduced rate recertification course.

If you took an SRT course from Dvorak (as I did my first time), you were probably certified by Rescue 3 International, an organization separate of the ACA. The ACA course is designed specifically for paddlers and is quite a bit less expensive than Rescue 3.

Give me a call at the shop at 970-493-5720 if I can answer anymore questions.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts