Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
They do a rubber ducky race in Steamboat every year too. I don't think anything like this has ever happened though...
Pretty lame the city couldn't make it out Monday night when the girl found all the duckies in the eddy, but instead waited until Tuesday.
I will say, however, that I DO NOT think biodegradable duckies are the solution. :shock: Can you imagine a bunch of decomposed rubber duckies hanging out in the river? Ew.
I find it a little ironic that Boulder would let something like this happen, being that they're so "green."

Not to change the subject, because it's still kinda the same subject, but didn't Boulder make an ordinance a few years back against dying your pets funky colors after a woman used beet juice to dye her poodle pink so that she could raise awareness for breast cancer?

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
They do this bullshit on the Big Wood River here in town and every year there are many that get away. The company that 'rents' the ducks is the only one who makes out. The sponsoring organization ( here anyway) has to pay for the lost ducks. After you factor in the prize money and the cost of the duck rental it is a negligible benefit to anyone and just not good for the river. Fuck those rubber ducks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts