Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much beer do we bring?

Our last few trips we had about 10-12 cases for two people and we brought a little home, this trip will be a bit more tame. I am also looking for some good canned beer suggestions and a favorite river cocktail, we will have the crank blender!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have no idea of you consumptive habits. However I generally bring about 4 cases. I also get a case of rigging beer because I'm just a dirt bag kayaker. Canned beers. New Belgium has a nice selection in cans, ditto for Oskar Blues, and there's always pbr. The ice blender maybe a mistake unless you just bring 1 or two coolers of just ice. That depends on what time of year you are going and how good your coolers are.
Have fun

·
Registered
69 Posts
I went last sept. for 21 days, I brought 8 30pks (PBR, Bud, Coors Light, Corona, Bud light,Tecate, Fat Tire) and ran out 1 day before Diamond Creek, Luckily my group did not let me go thirsty the last day. Also had a couple bottles of Captain, Jack, Vodka, and Tequila. Margaritas would be sweet for the blender. I also liked the margarita shots we had one night, one person sits in a chair and the other will pour Margarita mix into your mouth followed by Tequila, then you shake your head and down goes the shot. Its a good group activity.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tecate is the classic. I also like Fat Tire and Silverton's Brown Bear Ale if you can get it. I wish Ska would put their Buster Nut Brown into a can.

·
Registered
39 Posts
your weight in beer + 1 case is the barometer for non-Mormons. last trip for me it was around day 10 that I realized I had not had a single sip of water.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Forget the beer. All you need is the largest cooler possible loaded w/solid ice (once had a grand trip that had ice till day 15 in the heat of the summer just for this purpose). Squeeze 150 or so limes (makes a gal or so), freeze it in qt bags and layer it w/the solid ice. Purchase at least 10 liters of Patron tequila or your favorite 100% agave and 5 liters of Cointreau. Designate yourself as the cooler czar (you do not want some low life to dip into the ice for their ice tea). Every evening chip out some ice, add together the lime juice, patron, and cointreau and sit back and enjoy a wonderful evening.

Bring 3 or 4 of cases of PBR just in case (god forbid) you run out of tequila. Better to be safe than sorry eh?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Forget the beer. All you need is the largest cooler possible loaded w/solid ice (once had a grand trip that had ice till day 15 in the heat of the summer just for this purpose). Squeeze 150 or so limes (makes a gal or so), freeze it in qt bags and layer it w/the solid ice. Purchase at least 10 liters of Patron tequila or your favorite 100% agave and 5 liters of Cointreau. Designate yourself as the cooler czar (you do not want some low life to dip into the ice for their ice tea). Every evening chip out some ice, add together the lime juice, patron, and cointreau and sit back and enjoy a wonderful evening.

Bring 3 or 4 of cases of PBR just in case (god forbid) you run out of tequila. Better to be safe than sorry eh?

Thats all good for the evening but what about the morning, mid morning, pre lunch, lunch, post lunch, early afternoon. afternoon, dinner, dish crew buzz, fire puke, and nightcap? need lots of beer and Mike's 8% lemonade

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I really like the True Blonde Ale from Ska Brewery in Durango for drinking in the heat/sunshine. It's real mellow so you can still get hammered drunk, but has some flavor.

Always bring at least a 30 rack of PBR. It's a must
Joe

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
In June, we brought the recommended 10 beers per person per day, plus a bottle of rum, one of tequila, one of bailey's and 2 bottles of whiskey for 3 people. Granted we shared the cocktails among the whole group, but we still ran out by day 16 of 19, even after we started rationing. Fortunately, the 2 people who had plenty only made everyone else do mildly humiliating tricks for beer.

The point is- get all the alcohol you think you will need, then get two more cases of beer- you can always take them home afterward- or get smashed at the take-out.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wynkoop's Rail Yard.
unless you're bringing 12 cases....then cheap out and go with pbr when you drink that much what do you really taste after the first 12 pack of the day.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thats all good for the evening but what about the morning, mid morning, pre lunch, lunch, post lunch, early afternoon. afternoon, dinner, dish crew buzz, fire puke, and nightcap? need lots of beer and Mike's 8% lemonade
wait! you forgot 2nd breakfast! ....pre breakfast. and come to think of it... the i woke up in the middle of the night to pee....hmmm....maybe i should grab a beer

·
Registered
123 Posts
OK OK good point. Just add a case of Texas Pride (I think they still make that mouth wash) per day and Mike's 8% lemonade for the weak hearted (I get to keep the real stuff) and you will be all set!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Skank- that weight in beer + a case actually computes out perfect.

Modelo is a must; whiskey/lemonade; margs; mad dawg 20/20 or white lightning for late nite hecklin'

1 - 20 of 33 Posts