Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best Creek Boat out there? And why. Sure I could've posted this on Gear talk but some times I like to be a Rebel.

Personally I've paddled the Salto, the gus, the Huck, the Huka, the M3, the creeker 225, the embudo and none of them stand out as "the BEST" They all had significant cons. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
you're just an ignoramus. I can't believe the number of people on this website that support creeking. PLASTIC=PLASTIC. playboating in '04. peace out.

ps. I couldn't find any miss-spelling in your post but I bet your personal hygiene is substandard.

·
Registered
499 Posts
blutzski, why do you hate america? Clearly stated in united nations resolution 12457128: "with the exception of running the meat line in Gore Rapid, playboating is clearly for pussies, the french, and/or communists!" Creeking is "freedom paddling"!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew I'd get some quality responses from this website. Once again MB hasn't failed me. Anymore jackasses out there got a pile of crap to unload here?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Milo - you have no sense of humor

Matt - there is no answer to your question. All boats are compromises, there is no "best" boat out there. tracking vs turning, rapid surfacing vs hole punching, play vs forgiveness, etc... In my humble opinion the best creek boat is the one that doesn't break and I don't swim out of...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sorry. You asked for it with the title you chose to give this thread.

Seems to me like you're pretty picky if you've tried all those and haven't found one you like. If you ask 20 creekers you'll probably get 20 different answers. I for one hate the embudo but know plenty of people who swear by it. I noticed you haven't tried a CFS. That is my current creekboat and I love it (and know a much better boater than I who hates it). By nature, however, creekboats aren't going to be all around great boats. They excell at creeking and usually a specific type of creeking. For instance I love the CFS in tight technical drops but I mush prefer the Y for big-water pushy lines. So you're right, it has a significant con. But that's how we can justify having "the quiver".

Maybe a better question to ask would be "what do you like and hate about your creekboat."

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow........I was just dishing some out you two. I appreciate you guys trying to help me out. Here you go Blutski...I'm gonna rephrase the question and see what happens.

"what do you like and hate about your creekboat."

Brian......give me a call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts