·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks, neat summary.

Are any of the big US manufacturers converting from linear plastic to rotomolded crosslinked plastic? I thought either Dagger or Wavesport are already using it besides Jackson?

Can someone give insight on how the rotomolded crosslinked plastic compares with the blow-molded HTP plastic Prijon uses?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Are all the manufacturers converting to rotomolded crosslinked plastic?
That would be a big NO. I am not an authority on this but I think that Crosslink was largely abandoned because it's difficult to work with and pretty nasty healthwise. It cannot be repaired or recycled, it is however much less likely to break! The major reason I am interested in their creeker is the plastic, I can't imagine making it through a season of creeking with a linear boat! At least one that I am paying for.

Can someone give insight on how the rotomolded crosslinked plastic compares with the blow-molded HTP plastic?
Again I am not an authority but I beleive the two advantages of HTP are the plastic molecules are much longer, and therefore stronger, and the plastic is never fully melted during molding (kinda like taffy) so it retains it's molecular structure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts