Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of the boats in the confluence booth for you.

I will hit pyrahna, LL, and a few others tomorrow and put up a few pics. Any requests? Overall, the show seemed like the same old stuff with a new paint job. Has downriver paddling technology/design plateaued for now? I enjoy going to summer OR to connect w/ friends I haven't seen and see & handle the newest state of the art stuff. I recall a several year period in the previous decade where I walked through the paddlesports section marveling on the progression of design changes, new materials, & cool gadgets. I have an appreciation for the recent explosion of SUP gear, but for me a whitewater paddler and oriented toward gear for that sport, there (seems) to be much less to be impressed about. Although, I did like WRSI's new helmet, found a superlight & compact tent for self support, and a 300 lumens headlamp for $20.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
No new Nomad from Dagger. The new Recon from WaveSport looks sick. The new Jackson river runner/creeker is pretty cool. There is a new Allstar that looks like a cross between a Rock Star/ AllStar. New Pyranha boat that is similar to the Ammo as well as a carbon Jed-I. Oh and the new Dagger playboats and the "creek outfitting" has gotten a nice update. Sorry to be vague, I couldnt snap any pictures because of appointments.

·
Registered
126 Posts
On the Whitewater SUP side-
6" Thick Inflatable boards for better stability and performance
New rotomolded plastic board from Jackson that is SICK- really really fast and nimble. They have 2 sizes- a standard 10' size ( I think its around 10') and a bigger size for SUP fishing on rivers.

LL just dropped a boat that has automatic outriggers that are triggered by a ballast sensor. When the ballast shifts, an outrigger pops out to stop you from tipping. Therefore it is the new game changing Anti-Tip technology.*

*I just made that up

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks for the good word on the Jackson SUP. I worked on it with them. The SUPerCharger. Durable, affordable, versatile and stable (insanely stable) for running class I- to whatever you have the balls to run. There will be a lot of info coming out on it as the response was overwhellming industry wide. Really stoked on it. I will have demos available soon as well if you are passing thru Gypsum on the way to the Colorado, stop and pick one up.
As for the fishing rig, the SUPerFishal, fisherman are going to be so fired up. Durable and STABLE and less than a grand. Will make getting on the river for fishing sessions WAY easier. Especially solo missions without a raft. Pole holders, cooler, cam straps and anything else you can imagine can be strapped to it and your off and slaying fish. And it will be the ultimate camping rig. There is no board anywhere that can be loaded and still be this stable. It was another hit at the show.
I will keep you posted for demos and availability but dont want to flood the buzz as there is no SUP forum here. Send me an email if you want to try one out. Here is a photo of the SUPerFishal all dressed up.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts