Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday July 8th High Noon - 7th Annual Poudre Gnarrows Race!!!! Short Notice but the canyon was on fire so - sorry! But buck up young soldiers it's time to race for the buckle, in all its return to glory. Come celebrate the Poudre and get your boater cross on. Gentlemen's rules. If there is enough interest there will also be a new event from Middles down with no finals just a straight up paddle for the finish. Come on and git sum!

·
Registered
323 Posts
two thoughts

My first thought is that given the new ownership of the mish, and the month long gap in burger sales for them I think we should plan a post race party\give patrick the buckle thing at the Mish to show business support in the canyon.
With that said now that we are all getting older and have tested our reproductive skills I think it would be nice if there was a daycare option at the put in. You see back in April I told my wife that should could go have a mountain day on this very Sunday. While I would normally pull the, look I am the man and I make the decisions around here card, she really does need some time in the mountains. So please set that up!
I look forward to beating you all this weekend!

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
Patrick: "here hold my kid while I swim lower"

Evan, shouldn't you at least make the finals to be suggesting a date?

The lack of notice sucks for many, but in the circumstances, it makes sense to get it done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Summit - there & back Sunday

What's up! I've been paddling for 15 years & done some solid runs. Want to get to things like Bailey Fest, Gore, & the Poudre Narrows race. Have Sunday off, probably working Monday. Anyone rallying from Summit County?

Thanks!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave, don't veil your excitement over the Middle's down race... or maybe you can't make the Middle's race and that's why you're frowning. Either way you have to race to talk shit. The winner, a one mister Kurt Braunlich did call the date and will be in attendance to defend the Buckle! Not even sure if he's on the buzz tho, so somebody had to post it... meaning me, and for the record I've worn the Buckle for a year, been in the finals 3 of 6 years and ya, since my kids we're born I lost a little competitive edge, but I'm back and last year I would've been in the finals we're it not for a coordinated box out at the start line. Ya, boatercross is a bitch sometimes! But that is why we love this race.

Cutch is gonna show, Austin Woody is going to show, Kurt is a slalom wizard and he is going to show and I'm going to be there... so we got a race.

Patrick, I'm working on the day care. That's a damn fine idea actually considering the class V dad count in FC.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
You guys are lucky I don't come and take that belt.. Bastard have fun slay it and dont be a pussy it's just narrows everybody better sack up and show some support.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I will be there, I am in for the middle down race.

Evan, fuck yeah!

It would be awesome to see all the pansies and marys come out for the middle down race! look, even i can do that.

seriously though, when you take out upper narrows, it really does open the door for other people who want to try it, there is going to be a great turn out, lots of safety.

you know what i mean flowtorch...

·
Registered
966 Posts
Bob,

Just thought you would want to know that "FLOWTORCH," changes his hnadle to "FLOWMAX," a while back and he would like to be referred to as such.

That is all.

Sure hope to get my work shift covered so I can make it up there!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RIP old Whiteline.

But folks there is still boofing on top of each other to be had in the new Whiteline! If Spencer gets caught in the eddy of doom everybody can boof on him!

·
Registered
966 Posts
What's up with the mudslide that's closing the road at teds? I'm sure it will get cleared by Sunday, but just inquiring.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice Patrick. Love the soundtrack. 3 ft... I think not, but definitely black. I was driving up when it started raining hard about 2pm. By the time I got to Uppers the water was dark but the whitewater was still white. I put in and raced cause I was scared of it flashing, not cause it was a practice lap!

A little ways into Middles there was a small mudslide and the 'whitewater' started to become grey. Then at Green Bridge it seemed like all hell was breaking loose as another larger mudslide poured in right above the rapid turning everything to black. That is except the massive foam piles that were bright white, a crazy contrast. Lowers was scary in a new way. Black. It was definitely a case of knowing where the submerged rocks were, definitely not actually seeing them. Could be an interesting race boys and girls. The new new Whiteline is now called Blackline!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts