Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This June, Cameron, Joe, Amos and I did a 4 day self support kayak trip on the Rio Grande from the Colorado border to the county line below the Racecourse. 65 miles of class 2-5. Great times, lost kayaker, lost whiskey, carnage, fishing and a trip that is etched in my memory of good times forever..

So grab a beverage when you have the time and enjoy our little adventure. Beers, Atom....
The Colorado Kayak Chronicle: 4 days & 4 nights, A kayaking self support, 65 miles-class 2-5

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey nice video! I've done all that but in separate trips. Kayaked the upper and lower box numerous times and canoed the Lobatos Bridge to Lee trail on an overnighter and canoed the middle box. It brought back some nice memories.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
That looked fun Atom.

I still don't understand stashing the booze. The final swim deserved some sort of description. I've never been a boot drinkler, but that amy have been one of the more deserving ones..

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stashing

hey frank,
You should join us next year. Cameron stashed the booze because he thought that he would have to run the Upper Box to catch up with us. make his boat lighter i guess. Ahh youth:). Description of final swim for you. I drifted into the Toilet bowl on Pilar all tired and got slammed upside down into the undercut wall. Got beat down and pulled the skirt. Embarrassing to say the least. Funny thing was that Cameron and Amos were busy laughing and trying to find there cameras to snap some shots as I flailed. Awesome trip....

That looked fun Atom.

I still don't understand stashing the booze. The final swim deserved some sort of description. I've never been a boot drinkler, but that amy have been one of the more deserving ones..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts