Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday is the third annual Monarch Mountain Kayaks on Snow Boatercross and it's shaping up to be the best yet. With INSANE snow levels there's enough snow to push around to make for one amazing course this year. There are some pretty sick prizes being handed out to the winners as well including a Monarch Season Pass for 08-09, a brand new Wavesport Kayak, and a pimping Cruiser Bike from New Belgium Brewery among others.

Registration is the morning of and I believe racing begins at 11 or 12.

The forecast is calling for more snow over the next couple of days, on top of an already buttery soft base, making for what could be one of the most user friendly courses to date. Here's some Old School Footage of Damon Gold to get you psyched up for the weekend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Boatercross

Hope to see some of you here tommorow., i am about to go look at the course right now. We are putting in the pond and going to start filling it at about 5 tonight. should be a fun time. Anyone coming should wear there best gaper gear as well, all of Guest services will be in full gaper attire. See you tommorow.

This Saturday is the third annual Monarch Mountain Kayaks on Snow Boatercross and it's shaping up to be the best yet. With INSANE snow levels there's enough snow to push around to make for one amazing course this year. There are some pretty sick prizes being handed out to the winners as well including a Monarch Season Pass for 08-09, a brand new Wavesport Kayak, and a pimping Cruiser Bike from New Belgium Brewery among others.

Registration is the morning of and I believe racing begins at 11 or 12.

The forecast is calling for more snow over the next couple of days, on top of an already buttery soft base, making for what could be one of the most user friendly courses to date. Here's some Old School Footage of Damon Gold to get you psyched up for the weekend.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sun is Shining, Course is Chill, Gapers are everywhere

So I just got back down to the valley from a morning inspection run. The course is SUPER fun and chill. A little flatter than in years past, some HUGE banked turns, and the pond is full of water at the finish. So much fun....

The sun's out, everyone is looking gaper-rific, and New Belgium is on site pouring beers. Registration starts at 10 and the event itself is scheduled to get going at about 11.

If you haven't decided between a run on Barrel and racing the boatercross today, I might put a vote in for boatercross as there's some snow approaching from the NW and your afternoon could be a bit cold over there - you know who you are!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts