Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I just ordered a gallon of 303 Aerospace Protectant to use on my PVC raft and then noticed they make one specifically for Marine and Recreation. Just wondering if it makes a difference which one I use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I think I use the regular 303. Only use 303 on PVC a few times a year if you don't already know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, there are two kinds (at least) of 303: one comes with a blue label - the "aerospace protectant" which is what you want. The other has a green label and is a fabric treatment for nylon (tents, etc. - stuff works great, you spray it on in the sun and let it dry, my rain fly started beading again after a treatment). The protectant also works great, but should be applied in the shade, spray on the boat and wipe off excess, but shouldn't be used more than a couple times a year, at least according to some raft manufacturers. I've used the protectant for at least 10 years on all kinds of boats, does a great job of restoring luster and making slippery! (use on raft bottom, helps slide over rocks)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts