Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Meadow Lake

That would be seriosly cool. Where is the similar slide in the states. Some things are worth a trip to the local authorities!!
Above New Castle is Meadow (Creek) Lake. There is a rather long (and narrow) spillway off of it that we used to climb up and slide down on our asses. At the bottom there are like 3 or 4 dragon teeth used to divert the water up so as to reduce erosion. At high enough water you could easily kayak down it. I've not been there in about 12 years so it could be different.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Giant Loop or Rock Boof?

someone will get a full loop off of that in a play boat and it will be one of the coolest clips of all time!!

Cooler than the rock boof on Yule Creek: YouTube - Yule Creek Team Pyranha

I didn't think about it, but Yule Creek is just like a giant spill way.. just way more gnarly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That would be seriosly cool. Where is the similar slide in the states. Some things are worth a trip to the local authorities!!
this video is from the clear creek of the ark. spillway. this past summer was the first time it ran in 6 or 7 years. the damn guys came out and watched, they were super nice and even dialed her up for the kayaker then dialed her back down for the mini me raft and duckie. we left em a 12 pack at the gate. the run in is like class 2 then about 200-300ft slide into the 15-20ft drop.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNpr8ZaNy8U&feature=related]YouTube - We're going Plaid on Clear Creek Part 2[/URL]

I took the video with a olympus waterproof camera so its not the best video but still kinda funny.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The big UK dam is sick. I think the Paonia spillway would be the closest comparable in Colorado. The Paonia might be scarier because I think its steeper.

I think it was Dave Fusilli who pulled the Loop in the Yule vid. He can loop better than you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts