Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, there are 24 hour bike races, ski races, running races, sailing races, etc..

Does anyone have any ideas for a 24 hour kayak race? The format can be teams or solo.

Dre and I were thinking a 24 hour hole riding contest where your team accumulates as many points as possible by either doing tricks or just staying in the hole.

Another idea is lapping one section of a run. How many pine creek or OBJ or browns, or gore can you do in 24 hours.

what about a 24hour race down cataract?

Anyone? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The best place to have a 24 hour paddling race would be in Alaska - 24 hour light for a 24 hour race. How about the Nenana on the border of Denali National Park? Solid light 24 hours a day from mid-May to mid-July. Right around the solstice you could head further south and have a race on Six-mile creek or one of the more southern runs.

Otherwise Nightrider lights are waterproof...but I don't think you are going to see me running hard whitewater at night no matter how bright the headlamp. But maybe something easy like Shoshone - although I don't know how fun running that for 24 hours straight would be. Then again many 24 hours races are as much about the party as the actual race : )

·
Registered
539 Posts
there used to be race from granite to canyon city on the ark. i think it's 100 river miles. it's hard to do more than that solo. the length of the clear creek might be fun.
dan

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The idea about doing it farther north for longer light is a great idea.

I agree shoshone would be too short. I think if laps were involved, you would want at least a 2 hour lap.

I think they still do the Ark race.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts