Mountain Buzz banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Off aug 4th. No real mosquitoes at all. Biting flies here and there but really not bad. Worse the last 20 miles but honestly I bet I got bit 4 times the whole trip. BUT… some kind of gnat/no seeum at Nefertiti reall messed me up. Welts all over me head lol. Easy Peasy. Low and slow and hot but just beautiful! Can’t believe we’ve never been. Have fun!

·
Registered
32 Posts
off saturday, deer flies almost completely gone, yellow jackets way way down, one mosquito was notable only because she was the only one i caught biting me. new pests: muck from monsoon season, low water

·
Registered
259 Posts
The wire fence camps are pretty trashed with bad yellowjackets. Lots of poop and TP on the trails above camp. I loaded half an ammo can with pistachio shells, band aids, broken toys, and other garbage. Really disappointing.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Iam pretty much not in the know but desolation seemed un supervised.?? There was trash and debris and we saw a lot of people peeing on land. Never saw a ranger and at check out my ranger was a kid who wasn’t all that concerned. In fact I did all the paperwork to have a engine and he didn’t even ask about the engine or even notice it I don’t think. Iam not saying I’d prefer hardasses but maybe they’ll have to enforce some rules soon? I dunno? Seemed like a permit free river to me . It’s a really cool place and we’d all hate to see it go bad so maybe next time I’ll tell others to help out. I did my part and my group cleaned up a camp with beer cans and I scolded one for peeing lol! I can imagine the bugs being awful but think late summer was good . Way better than my backyard right now lol. rant

41 - 48 of 48 Posts