Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Never enough free time
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

I donated to the Main, MFS, Yampa, Lodore, Deso, SJ, all June dates. At least I'll know what plan B is by the end of the weekend :roll: ...except for the Smith, I get to hold out hope a little while longer for that one.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Damnit Larry, get out of here with that negative shit. Hold out hope and lie to yourself like the rest of us for another day and a half.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah, come on man! I'm still figuring out my travel logistcs for running the Yampa, MF and Selway in sequence this spring. You're harshing my buzz a day or two earlier than necessary!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Anyone else notice on rec.gov that they just overnight changed the results date for M.F. and Main Salmon from Feb 14th to Feb 15th? Selway still states Feb 14th for results though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone else notice on rec.gov that they just overnight changed the results date for M.F. and Main Salmon from Feb 14th to Feb 15th? Selway still states Feb 14th for results though.
I thought I was going crazy when I noticed this yesterday. Glad I'm not losing my mind!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Ya they didn't want to mess up valentines day for all the pretty girls dating river trash.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah, as of this morning my Rec.gov lotteries page shows Hells Canyon and Selway on the 13th, Middle Fork and Main on the 14th, and Yampa and Rogue on the 15th. I like that it is spread out a little bit. Between my wife and two adultish 18+ kids I get to spend 4X the lottery fees, but I'm still in the warm fuzzy hope bubble right now, going back to the website and hitting refresh every hour or two..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah, as of this morning my Rec.gov lotteries page shows Hells Canyon and Selway on the 13th, Middle Fork and Main on the 14th, and Yampa and Rogue on the 15th. I like that it is spread out a little bit. Between my wife and two adultish 18+ kids I get to spend 4X the lottery fees, but I'm still in the warm fuzzy hope bubble right now, going back to the website and hitting refresh every hour or two..
That's kind of odd...mine shows Feb 14th for Selway, Feb 15th for Main, M.F. & Rogue & Feb 16th for Green & Yampa

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just logged in to rec.gov and I'm seeing results available for 3 of the 4 rivers lotteries (didn't put in for Hells) on 2/19/19 and Dino Green/Yampa on 2/16/19. I signed in as my wife and she is seeing the same thing with the Rogue 2/15/19.
Strangeness. I wonder why they changed the dates? Didn't they push out the dates a few years ago too?

·
Never enough free time
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damnit Larry, get out of here with that negative shit. Hold out hope and lie to yourself like the rest of us for another day and a half.
I'm trying to "reverse psychology" the permit gods this year. Hoping they'll surprise me out of spite....

D'OH, now that I've put it into writing it wont work!

Aaaannnnddd I see they've moved the dates for 4 rivers to stretch out the agony.

·
Super Moderator
4,258 Posts
Do you need permits to go rafting? can someone tell me how to go about doing that?
Yes, you need permits to go rafting anywhere. This is the result of the rampant gubberment regulations in our country. You can't put your boat on the water anywhere on any river in the US without going through a lottery with infinitesimal probabilities of winning a permit. Even day trips on the South Platte from Globeville Landing through Commerce City to the Suncor Refinery. It's worse in Canadia where they have outright communism and a single-payer national health care system and worship Hockey. :)

May the odds be ever in your favor,

-AH

1 - 20 of 109 Posts