Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The games are approaching quickly and the water is coming up! Take a look at the events and make note that the Screaming 1/4 Mile race is on Saturday at 11am, not Friday afternoon.

The slalom will be on Sunday and I could use 3 to 5 volunteers to help with gate judging if anyone is interested. I could also use a bunch of racers!

Event registration is linked to the new and improved website below!

The Golden Games

·
Registered
269 Posts
what is the start and finish of the screaming 1/4 mile race? The 90 degree bend in the river to the river left takeout eddy?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The start of the 1/4 mile is the pool at the bend, and the finish is through the last drop by the car pullout above the damn. We usually put safety on the Cripps hole with a throw bag then a boat in the bottom where each racer stays for safety for the next finisher.

Mike, I'd love to have you for slalom start and if you'd like to help with 1/4 safety that'd be awesome too!

Sent from my XT1254 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Golden Games is cool and all, but do you get anything for the entry fee... other than a maybe a broken boat?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would love to race in the slalom if anyone knows where a used one might be for sale or for borrowing. Could potentially be a gate judge for you otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slalom

I would love to race in the slalom if anyone knows where a used one might be for sale or for borrowing. Could potentially be a gate judge for you otherwise.
Depending on the number of plastic boats that show I'll open up a separate category. My slalom background stems from races that had K1, K1-rec, and K1-rec long, the rec boats being plastic boats ranging form modern creekers to the old school dancers and mirages sorted by length.

I fully encourage racers to show up and paddle what ever they've got. I can split the times out though we may not have many prizes to go around apart from K1 race. I'll see what I can do. Note, the slalom registration on line and in advance is $15 and that lets you race multiple boats/runs up to what we can accommodate. It's $20 the day of.

For anyone wanting to volunteer (and not break their boat, Kevin!!!), here's the site: https://www.racedirectorsolutions.com/Public/Volunteer/130 I'd love a few more gate judges!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Volunteers for The Golden Games

I am new to your organization but I will volunteer for anything. So far your members have been incredible.
Thanks Scott, your help as a volunteer is greatly appreciated and needed. The best way to sign up is to go to our "Volunteer Page" and pick out the "Assignments" that you'd like to volunteer for. You'll then receive a confirmation email with more details about your assignment. For more info, a detailed schedule and a list to our partners and sponsors plese go to:The Golden Games:p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts