Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the Deso the other day, amazing trip super fun level like 3K+ish. The road into Sand Wash was super nice actually, it must have just been graded. Can't say how it is now though as there was some rain during our trip. The ranger at the check in didn't bug me too much about gear and issued our permits no problem. The "ramp" however was something i was a little shocked to see. But helped another group move their pre-rigged boats that were about 20ft from the water out of my way so I could back right down to the water on the upstream end. About an hour of rigging and we left at 12:20 and motored to Jack Creek by 6:00. After doing the trip I feel that having the motor was crucial to having the great trip we had, knocking out those first 25 miles into the wind with no current was actually fun with a motor, then we put it away and rowed the rest. It was also nice knowing that if the wind came up we could power thru. We caught a group that had left at 6:00am about mile 10 and needless to say they looked defeated by the wind as i cruised by. Had awesome camps, barely saw any other groups. Got in some great hiking up the creeks. I had never done this river and it is a relatively easy run thru an awesome wilderness area at the flow we had. We even had strong downstream breezes most days!! One note was that i picked up a lot of micro trash, the ranger didn't say anything about micro trash to me or the other groups at the put in and i think that is a shame as groups seem not to care or just don't know better. Storms hit us at wire fence and a majority of all the creeks ran and washed out a bit, nothing crazy though. Can't wait to go back again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts