Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just moved to Denver last June and caught the tail end of my first kayaking season in pretty low water but still had a blast and can't wait for this season.

I was wondering what the general start/end dates are for kayaking season under normal water conditions and low water conditions etc?

Also, when does confluence kayak or someone similar in the Denver area start indoor roll classes? I would love to get this down before hitting the rivers for season two.

Thanks in advance,
Steven

·
Kodiakrider
16 Posts
Colorado whitewater association has class for members ($40 a year) for very reasonable prices starting in February I believe and open pool sessions starting the last of January. Great group of people and a great way to meet people and organize trips with people at the same level as you. Also a great training camp (boot camp) in may that is awesome!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i had checked colorado whitewater associations website and the only roll classes are on fridays from 1-3 in march. i work during those times so will have to find something in the evening or on weekends.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Confluence Kayaks usually does weeknight roll classes at the pool at DU, you could call and see when they are starting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Confluence Kayaks Pool session 2013

Hey there,

Confluence Kayaks will be starting our 2013 pool sessions on February 5th.
They are every Tuesday night in the water from 8:30-10:30pm.

The location is the University of Denver, Ritchey center pool.

Open Pool: $10
Open pool with equipment rental: $25

Single pool/ rolling lesson: $59
3 lesson Pool series: $149

Private pool lessons are also available: first person $100, each additional person $50

Get rolling on Tuesday Nights!
Questions? 303-433-3676

Juan

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
CW is in the process of finalizing the 2013 instruction schedule for the classes held at Meyers pool and on the river. I will post back when it is on the website.

·
Have paddled a Quest
102 Posts
Hi Steven,

The full CW course schedule is now online at:

Colorado Whitewater - Kayak Classes

Roll classes are Sundays March 10, 17 & 24 from 1-3pm. You can also show up at the pool any Sunday and check the white board for available instructors to give you some tips. Pool Sessions are every Sunday 1-5pm at Meyers Pool except for Feb 17 & March 31. Check out the full schedule- there may be other courses that your are interested in as well!

Cheers-
Mark

·
Registered
251 Posts
Colorado Whitewater rocks. Great people, great instruction, and after having done one local companies class and two different Colorado whitewater weekends. I can say you will meet more future fellow paddlers through C.W.W. It's a community with instruction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts