Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,

I'm 5'8" and 150, placing me at the bottom of all Medium boats. I like running rivers in my playboat but getting more adventurous with my hole playing. I only know the wavesport project x 52 and need something new. I'm stuck on the fence between the two. Any thoughts for a little guy?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have paddled both and like the allstar more mainly for its size. I always thought the medium project x (56) paddled big even for me at 165lbs. It makes a good river running playboat but you will struggle with it in the playpark. I would suggest the allstar, small project x, or medium jed. These are better for your weight.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Try out the Jackson outfitting before you decide. Some love it, some hate it. Find out before you buy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dagger Jitsu

Hi Team,

I'm 5'8" and 150, placing me at the bottom of all Medium boats. I like running rivers in my playboat but getting more adventurous with my hole playing. I only know the wavesport project x 52 and need something new. I'm stuck on the fence between the two. Any thoughts for a little guy?
My son, Max Karlsson, is about the same size as you and he loves his Dagger Jitsu 5.9 (Max is 5'10" and 140lbs). If you can make it to the front range you are more than welcome to demo his Jitsu.

Note: Max is on Team Dagger. He used to paddle Jackson playboats until Dagger came out with the Jitsu. He then switched as he felt the Jitsu was the better boat for his paddling style.

Bottom line, demo as many boats as possible to figure out which boat fits you and your paddling style the best.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't respond too often, but I'm almost identical to your size and I squeeze into a wave sport project x 48 and have a lot of fun with it. I might say it's too small for me, but it makes it really fun. I just shove a few inches of foam below my feet and it's tight. Pm me and if it works out we're near each other you can give her a go

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mountain Buzz mobile app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts