Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Great pics! A year for the record books, and a year to remember. 2011 could very well be a "once in a career" event for many kayakers.

Pumped for 2012 runoff!

·
Registered
770 Posts
A mixed bag of emotions reading this article. I'm stoked that I was paddling during this season, but it also spoiled me rotten. Reading all the articles on the snow water equivalents this year are borderline depressing. Can't say that I'm not grateful for that epic summer of splashy high water on stevens down.

Thanks for the article and pictures.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
best season yet for me, I remember the first time down stevens at +5' on the rock. I had not been on the poudre since 3'5 and just remembering the gauge surging. I said "what's the level", they replied it's at least 5' but hard to know. huge wave trains, massive holes.

I felt like "man I am never going to get comfortable in this sport" as it turned out, It was the best thing I ever sacked up and did. totally blew the doors wide open for me as a paddler.

god i love the Poudre.

awesome write up. I am prepairing for a normal year.
thanks for paving the way boys...

totally ready.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Great write-up and fantastic pics.

In addition to the extended high water flows we also had an extended mid-level season that kept the water running through Filter Plant into September - something unheard of most years.

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Nice shots I had to wait 28 at years to have the Poudre that big again. If ya hang out it will happen again and I hope to be around for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts