Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Here's a quick update on an upcoming party that you are all invited to.

Following this winter's party at Forrest Room 5, a few of us buzzards thought it might be fun to throw another mountainbuzz party at the end of this month. This would be an opportunity for everyone to catch up with friends, meet new friends, put a face next to a name, and watch local video footage from CO rivers and creeks.

The dates or the venue are not yet set in stone, but will probably be Saturday August 28, at Club Rise, in downtown Denver. We're looking to reserve the club from 7pm-9pm to present awards for best homespun Colorado rivers and creeks video footage, and then open the club to the public at 9pm and continue drink specials for boaters for the rest of the evening. We'll have a reggae band early, and DJs later in the evening, and maybe food too. I'll post an update as soon as I find out more.

We thought Club Rise would provide a bigger venue than last time, this way we won't feel as packed-in there and makes it easier to mingle. We'll also be able to show your videos throughout the entire club on flat screen plasma TVs.

We already have a bunch of great video entries.. thanks a ton to all who have already contributed! And of course we can always use more footage, so if you have anything to submit then please see instructions here: http://mountainbuzz.com/viewtopic.php?t=2053 and send your stuff via snail-mail or email ASAP so we can include it in the lineup. Submission deadline is approaching fast..

Hope everyone can make it!

Cheers,
frenchy

p.s. thanks to matts, bt, hobie, brook, don for helping out so far.. if anyone else wants to help out, then feel free to post here or send me an email.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mountain buzz awards.

Dig up your kayak images!! were looking for some entrees for the MSX awards. it dosn't matter how long ago the footage is from just as long as it was in CO. where are the burns rodeo videos, Big Sur, and old gore footage.
The party should be cool with plenty of entertainment. take a look in the closet you know it's there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey frenchy - I think lots of folks might be gone that weekend for Team Trials (August 28th) - possibly another weekend? The party is a great idea! danielle

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Danielle, I had no idea about Team Trials. Hmm.. I'll see if we can work out a better date. There's also OR, Gore, and Gauley season to work around.

·
DP/ Cinematographer
221 Posts
I think the 4 people that are going to team trials from Colorado will survive.
I don't think majority of the Buzz Crowd is really headed there anyways. I could be wrong.. party on....

-Brook

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Danielle, I think we're going ahead with the Aug 28 date. I'm very sorry, I wish you could make it. Who do we need to talk to change the Team Trials date? The nerve!

Club Rise gave us the green light, yeaaaaah! Just a few more things to confirm and I'll post details for the party soon. This is shaping up be a really good time, can't wait!

Brook, what's your email? I need to talk to you about some logistics.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Any chance this assembly of movies will be offered to the public? I won't be able to make it, but would love to catch some local footage.
-d

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Livingston:
We're trying to choreograph the footage in digital DVD format. I think if you provided a blank DVD after the event, we could make a copy.
Jeff

·
Registered
281 Posts
LAST WEEK TO ENTER

all entries must be submitted by this sunday. that is sunday, august 22nd.

if you have footage from colorado - from any decade - send it in...this is a party to support mountainbuzz - help us get'r done!!!

we spoke with steven in telluride today and have decided to dedicate the evenings awards to russel this year, so enter your vids, come out for a great time, and help us support mountainbuzz!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hope all you MOUNTAINBUZZ.COM users are coming out for the party night, it's going to be off the hook. Thanks to Matt S., Brook, Hobie, Frenchy, and everyone else putting their time in to make it happen! See you at Club Rise.

Chad Crabtree

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This should be a great time! Mark your calendars and see you August 28th at one of the sweetest clubs in Denver!! We're still working out some details with the venue and putting final touches to the video segment. If you have any local Colorado backcountry ski and kayak footie, old or new, please please send that in to Matt Salomon over the next couple of days at address posted above. I'll post all the fine details for the party sometime over the next few days, as soon as we get everything dialed in. In the meantime, see you at GoreFest..

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Frenchy, will you confirm the date. In your first post you said the 27th, which is Friday. Yet Saturday night is the 28th.

Just checking.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sat, the 29th....just kidding kyle...the true date is:

SATURDAY, AUGUST 28th.

ps- kyle, i know you have a ton of footage lying around, so i best see some, or i'll be knocking on your door -- guska is going to take all the awards from ya.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Easy chauncey. Stay on your little class 3 wave now and jib around. Those big drops upstream might scare you...

Are juvenile delinquets allowed in? Ben, you can call for a place to stay.

Salomon, I really don't have any footage from Colorado, but I did just pick up some more stuff from Todd. I think it's all Wyoming though, and that first D that Toepper and Rick set up...maybe. Brook did have some of our stuff from last year already. My season was short and fairly undocumented. Broken back footage is somewhere in TN, but it looks like I ran it clean until I slump forward, so not that unique.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If your talking M-wave jiberish (pun intended), just remember one thing young grasshopper...IT'S AN IRRIGATION DITCH! And yes those deep class 2 rivers you run over there do offer plenty of head room for you when you flip over and have to eskimo roll.

Don't hurt yourself in NY. The rivers are ill in times square.

late

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to everyone who has submitted video for this year's upcoming MSX video awards, the video lineup is looking really sweet and everything seems to be coming together real nicely for the party Saturday! Keep your video clips coming if you have any so we can include them in the contest. We're also working on getting a copy of this year's Gore video for those who didn't catch it yesterday at the races, as well as some fresh ski footage to show after the awards. Hope to see you all there this weekend, it should be a great time.......

http://mountainbuzz.com/events/msx.gif

·
Registered
253 Posts
Can i get in the mountainbuzz party

Hey guys it's reed, and if you don't know me I'm 18. I was wondering if there are any age restrictions on the party.

thanks
Reed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts