Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for having the patience for being around to fix stupid, I am glad someone does! Agreed we all were new once and people do deserve some slack but flipping/wrapping in this section would be like flipping on bridges than standing in the middle of the river till help arrives.
A lot of newbies, purchase a boat, talk to a couple of friends who may be as new as they are, and don't learn how to get out of trouble when shit happens... Good judgment is gained through experience and experiences gained through bad judgment...

Reactions: MT4Runner

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I saw it from a news feed and don't know where the original source is from. Here is a different link
Holy shit, thank you very much. That worked. There was a highway around that rock! I could have driven a freight train through there. Not to mention that they're putting on a whitewater section with a full-blown heavy ass fishing frame. I have no idea what they were thinking, or even if they were...

Perhaps a candidate for the Darwin award...

Thanks again for posting that link! Appreciate you!

Reactions: Rightoarleft

·
Registered
381 Posts
Gotta be some hard knocks in there somewhere though? What happens when they pin again and sars doesn't come? Or will they go again lol? I was in the boat shop the other day and dude comes in and buys whole new shitter. We where all but hurt he got cool new stuff. I over heard him say he thought it looked like fun and why rent he lives here now. Rut-row-raggy! Good thing we only have montana class 3!!!

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Gotta be some hard knocks in there somewhere though? What happens when they pin again and sars doesn't come? Or will they go again lol? I was in the boat shop the other day and dude comes in and buys whole new shitter. We where all but hurt he got cool new stuff. I over heard him say he thought it looked like fun and why rent he lives here now. Rut-row-raggy! Good thing we only have montana class 3!!!
Class 3 is class 3 class 4 is class 4, doesn't matter what state it's in, it doesn't change the equation. Class 4 flood stage can turn into class 5 as well as class 3 at flood stage can turn into class 4. People that can't read and run, should be aware of that and stop and scout until they get to the point where they can. It's part of learning how to boat!

I couldn't really see the brand of the boat, but judging from the blue color it was probably a hypalon boat, at least 14 ft long, which is six grand right there. I couldn't really make out the frame manufacturer but a fishing frame like that routinely goes for A couple of thousand, so they were heavily invested into the boat, but probably just didn't have the experience reading water being fishermen who generally look for Eddies...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I know your being reasonable!! I just can't imagine doing it myself ! Weird how oblivious people can be. There was a wing suit for sale at the second hand store here not long ago!!!! "How much for the squirrel suit?"

·
Registered
34 Posts
They would have stood a better chance of missing that rock without oars! And gotta love full rig with sideboards for a 20 min float.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Class 3 is class 3 class 4 is class 4, doesn't matter what state it's in, it doesn't change the equation. Class 4 flood stage can turn into class 5 as well as class 3 at flood stage can turn into class 4. People that can't read and run, should be aware of that and stop and scout until they get to the point where they can. It's part of learning how to boat!

I couldn't really see the brand of the boat, but judging from the blue color it was probably a hypalon boat, at least 14 ft long, which is six grand right there. I couldn't really make out the frame manufacturer but a fishing frame like that routinely goes for A couple of thousand, so they were heavily invested into the boat, but probably just didn't have the experience reading water being fishermen who generally look for Eddies...
Mad dog is class II anyway you look at it

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Mad dog is class II anyway you look at it
Wish I could tell you I had been there, but the only time I've ever been on the pooter was almost 30 years ago and we did the Mishawaka run. I didn't find it particularly challenging in a 12-ft cat, but there were people that had issues with it

·
Registered
381 Posts
Rad+!
Dude in the video (getting surfed) was super bent at the take out cussing and ranting cause the wipe out made him late for his saturday paramilitary club picnic.
To far?
Crickets....

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Rad+!
Dude in the video (getting surfed) was super bent at the take out cussing and ranting cause the wipe out made him late for his saturday paramilitary club picnic.
To far?
Crickets....
ROTFLMAO...

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Whether newbies (I'm guessing yes, based on the lack of cold water clothing) or not, how about they make a donation to crew from Poudre Firefighters Authority?

Reactions: MNichols

·
Registered
381 Posts
They could have a sliding scale rescue fee system. If it was clear that it cost 4500 dollars to get pulled off the rock you either would be more careful or you'd swim and get your boat off. At least I would. And if you where doing things right and just had a bad hand of cards it could be more reasonable say 250? Lol . The sars guys die sometimes doing their jobs to ya know. So fixing stupid ain't easy... ask my wife!

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
They could have a sliding scale rescue fee system. If it was clear that it cost 4500 dollars to get pulled off the rock you either would be more careful or you'd swim and get your boat off. At least I would. And if you where doing things right and just had a bad hand of cards it could be more reasonable say 250? Lol . The sars guys die sometimes doing their jobs to ya know. So fixing stupid ain't easy... ask my wife!
Here in Colorado SAR CAN bill you, but you also can buy an SAR card, the proceeds of which support SAR teams, and you won't get a bill. Being past SAR and a current firefighter and EMS, I can tell you that donations are ALWAYS appreciated, even if the agency is in a tax district, which I'm sure the Poudre agency is in. Firefighters as well appreciate pastries as much as LE appreciates donuts LOL.

I seem to remember something about fishing and game harvest licenses having an SAR component built in, but I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Isn't idaho class 3 class 6 lol ? Around here people say shite like ,"oh it's idaho class 4 man...rowdy!" Like Hawaii size waves lol!!! Funny! Here's a video of a idahoan (sp) who don't care what class it is he's going and the kids are too!!! "Shut up and get in the boat, it's class 2 (idaho class 2) bwahaa...
That is an awesome video. Those Class II Idaho holes sure are sticky! I love the other swimmer that just randomly floats by half way through. LOL

21 - 40 of 57 Posts