Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is SUPER COOL!!!

We have just finalized two new additions to the Hero line up...

The Dynamic Duo... and The Little Hero!!!

As you can imagine the Dynamic Duo is a two person Hero. No one has done a boat like this since the Topo Duo. Imagine a fully Jackson Outfitted two person whitewater kayak. Can't wait to try one on Lower Clear Creek.

The Little Hero is smaller then the Hero, but bigger then the Side Kick. This will fill a big gap in the sizing and offer those that are just a bit too small for the Hero a fantastic alternative size.

As with all things Jackson... new designs, comfort, performance and a huge range of sizes is what we are all about.

All can be found on www.jacksonkayak.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
thats good stuff. i have been wondering why jackson didnt make a smaller hero, like they do on the rocker and punk rocker. i really want to try out a 2 person kayak... but if you flip over i would think it would be really hard to roll back up. but it sounds like a blast. i dont know of to many 2 person white water boats.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I am ordering a Dynamic Duo as soon as I can. What a great thing for paddling. Great for families, I am going to plug both my kids into some whitewater next season in that boat. Also potentially great for schools, could be an incredible tool to help a beginner paddler really feel edging.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Stoked on the Duo as well. Getting one for sure - the perfect way to get my wife on the water more.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Are there any tricks to coordinating the roll of a two man kayak? Effectively rolling the beast seems like a limiting factor.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Both people agree to rolling on a given side and on a timeframe, ie, once flipped we give ourselves 3 seconds to set up, then roll. It works great - even a beginner up front is not a solid roller, you will be able to roll them as long as they are set up and tucked on the same side as you.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope that was an EJ name. I agree that name is pretty darn nifty. Good way to keep it in the "Hero" genre.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I worked at a shop that had a topo duo and it was a blast. Rolling it was easy. Generally most people take about the same amount of time to set up and roll, if one of us tried to early to roll you could feel it as if on an eddy line. You just reset and then try again. The syncronicity did not seem to be that big of a deal. We also had talked about slamming your paddle on the side of the boat when in position two of a CtoC roll as a hint that we were ready. Never seemed to really matter.When you have a more inexpereinced person I used a larger paddle and was often able to roll up if they stayed tucked.

We took the topo to a surf rodeo which was super cool as well. EJ and Corran got in it together and piroetted it on an ocean wave, one of the coolest things I have ever seen. My buddy and i tried which only resulted and a full on face plant from way above... stung like a bare ass spankin. None the less I think EJ should out do that performance with his son in the front and pull off the full on loop?

Cant wait for it to come out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts