Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I do number of different things for work, so I can try to make it out here in roaring fork valley. One of which is provide care and therapeutic recreation for a young man with severe CP. non-verbal, non-ambulatory, etc. etc. He is one of my best friends though and we do all sorts of awesome stuff together! but the shifts are long!! I am finishing up a 36 hour shift right now!!! ( we just got home from hiking and swimming) I have a couple hours left .... and my gf works even more hours than I do , as the Special Ed teacher for the local middle school ( and volley ball coach) !!!....

at any rate , we need a vacation... and we have two days!!! lol... we live in roaring fork near Glenwood Springs Colorado. we have a mini max, bikes , camping gear...
( I tell you all this in hope that it might inspire you to share your secret gems !!! lol, and for no other reason then because im tired after a long shift! )

just a shot in the dark here... any suggestions?!

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
Catamount down to dotsero or one of the other upriver takeouts ( the new one along colorado river road horse ranch or something like that) get on out of the stinking valley!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is it running?

It's a great time of the year for an overnighter into the gunnison gorge.
Ive never run it and am looking for some new stuff to run. Is it runnable right now? Riverbrain says its too low...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Listen to River Brain and Mania if you choose, but the Gunnison Gorge is one of the best late season overnights available. Perfect for what you mentioned, especially with a minimax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts