Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on Big South for a half run, any advice appreciated.First half or second half for scouting safety etc.. Thx, Streety

·
Registered
328 Posts
First time down, I would stick with the lower half of the run in by hiking in from Peterson Lake. In my opinion, it is a touch easier. Take your time and scout. I would also take some time to hike up the Big South trail from the parking lot to check out where the take out is. The take out is approximately a quarter mile up the trail from the parking lot where you see a nasty river wide strainer. Apparently you can portage this and boat down to curtain call, but we have always taken out at the strainer. Have fun, it is an awesome run.
Chris

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Anyone know what the gauge is at? I'd like to hit the lower tuesday afternoon or all of it on wed, but it looks like long draw is done. Gore or Bailey? You interested Chris?
Joe

·
Registered
539 Posts
i think the big south must be done.

(from an earlier B.S. post) -thursday july 21st "BS was 1.4ft earlier today, and getting down there."

i'm guessing it's near ~1.2 by now.

my two runs this year were 1.8 and 1.7 and i wouldn't want less than ~1.6 due to the long drive (empire) and the flatwater between the drops.

-dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts