Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had an 8 day trip on salmon Main in June. Flow was 13k at put-in and about 40k at the take out. I have a 15ft NRS, but I swapped a few miles on the oars with my buddy that has a 15ft Aire. The Aire seemed to be much more maneuverable and a little faster even when loaded down. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Which 15' model of Aire was it? I have a 15.6' D, and I feel like it is very maneuverable. We turned the corner from the MFS to the Main, and it did awesome on both rivers. On the MFS, I had the bow and the stern loaded down, and didn't have any issues making hard moves.The 15'6 R, I know is a better design for hauling gear, with it being more of a round design in the bow and stern, and a significantly longer waterline. I've never ran a 15'6 R, so I can't speak to the maneuverability. My boat does feel a little "dumpy" at times, where as the "R" series is probably a little more stable with it being a little wider and the non diminished tubes. I'm assuming the "D" is a little more maneuverable than the "R" series too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts