Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was Planning on running Numbers friday in my 14 ft raft. I have years of class lV expierience. Just wanted some advice from those who had run it in an Oar Rig. I wasn'r really worried about it until these recent deaths but it sound like they were up on Pine Creek.
Cheers

P.S. Anyone near Salida should come to the Colorado Brewers Rendezvous on Saturday. 50 plus Breweries including us (Smuggler's Brewing) will be pouring the goods all afternoon!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've rowed Numbers quite a few in my 14' from flows around 800 to 2,900 (last year).......it's good to go. With the current water level you'll have less rock-dodging (but still quite a bit). If you know the lines....you'll be fine.

Watch out for 1.5 at this level, it can be a little "ledgy", left is relatively easy to obtain.

#4 is pretty pushy, stay kind of left of center to insure that you miss the diversion mid way.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ditto here. I like my 14' in Numbers. You'll be fine with that experience if you're good at reading various aspects of water (current, rocks, holes, etc.). One tip: Be extra aware of how deep you're putting the downstream oar.

If it's your first time there get a few dozen yards or so behind someone you might trust to run a boat well. Watch where they go, their position, etc. Then, trust your own judgement! Oh hell, you probably know that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts