Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to run 11Mile on Thursday? I've lived in Colorado long enough to know that this is a pretty unique run that hardly ever has water, and would like to check it out... currently have two of us.

Probably get there around 2 pm.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like flows (750+) are still really high for this run... anyone have any beta? Was just planning running between the V's. May just go to BV or Poudre instead and hold off for a weeks to run 11mile at comfortable flows.

·
Front Range Swim Team
73 Posts
BETA

I scouted it this past weekend at 900cfs and it is super good to go. The Vs are very solid at this flow but the rest of it is just good clean class IV creekin. In fact, the water is crystal blue-green and the whitewater is the whitest white. It is gorgeous right now. All rapids looked good. One had an unavoidable hole that looked pretty meaty at 900cfs. Would be easy to walk it or set safety. There is some wood in a few locations, but the entire run is roadside and all but one wood location was a real issue. At 900 there was an alternate line to get you through the rapid, that may not be there at lower water, but it is an easy portage if so. I am planning to run it with some buddies on Thursday, but we will likely not be there until 5ish pm. If you can wait that long, you are welcome to run it with us.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ran it Sunday just below 900 cfs. We cleaned the wood out of the river left channel at the house rock rapid. Everything else is good to go. We did set safety at the one big ledge hole near the top of the IV section, but the hole was easy to manage on the right side.

If there's still enough water to run river right at house rock, there's a fun rock to slide.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks cmack for the beta, and for the info and wood clean-out, Joel.

Sounds like its worth taking a close look at the "Black Hole", as AW refers to it.

cmack, I assume I'm communicating with someone in your crew (Daniel) on FB -- Hodges and I will plan on seeing you guys at around 5 on Thursday. I'll PM you my phone # -- let me know where you want to meet and lets be in touch. Looking forward to it!

I scouted it this past weekend at 900cfs and it is super good to go. The Vs are very solid at this flow but the rest of it is just good clean class IV creekin. In fact, the water is crystal blue-green and the whitewater is the whitest white. It is gorgeous right now. All rapids looked good. One had an unavoidable hole that looked pretty meaty at 900cfs. Would be easy to walk it or set safety. There is some wood in a few locations, but the entire run is roadside and all but one wood location was a real issue. At 900 there was an alternate line to get you through the rapid, that may not be there at lower water, but it is an easy portage if so. I am planning to run it with some buddies on Thursday, but we will likely not be there until 5ish pm. If you can wait that long, you are welcome to run it with us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts