Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Village, you do not support your cause by taking at every opportunity the lower and lower moral road.

·
Super Moderator
4,102 Posts
About 8X that many die every year in the USA, I'm told. Just sayin'.
Exactly! And old people are just going to die pretty soon anyway! So what's the deal if we help them along and "decrease the surplus population?"

Reactions: GeoRon

·
Registered
44 Posts
No red.

A question for you. Do you deny the holocaust? If you say "no" that says what you are. If you say "yes", how do you know, did you count them?
Invoking Holocaust denial. Please. A dishonest debate tactic if there ever was one.

If one does not agree with you in the most absolute terms on an issue as you understand it, or as prescribed by it’s self appointed authorities, they are simply labeled a “denier”. This absolves you of having to address the complexities of an issue and actually having a debate or a dialogue about it. To even have honest questions is simply not allowed, let alone to point to any information that runs counter to the orthodoxy.

I deal with Covid and indeed death on a daily basis because of the nature of my job. I can absolutely tell you that is a hugely complicated issue and there is a lot of misrepresented information being put before the public. It is absolutely being catastrophized for maximum effect. This is extraordinarily frustrating. It is more complex than most people who work outside of healthcare can appreciate.

That said, Covid is most definitely a serious disaster and is having devastating effects on people’s lives, our economy, and our civil discourse. But the time for finger pointing is over, it isn’t helping. The reality is that we are here now, it’s our problem to figure out and our energy is best spent solving the problem, not figuring out who to blame based on politics.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well said bootboy. However, I have no problem with my response to red. Village and red did not intend to have "honest" debate, well, certainly not red. And I properly answered that Village seemed immoral to me.

No doubt pandemics and humanity are complex. But, are you denying that there are deniers that are greatly complicating and complexing issue? Denial of the pandemic, defiance of pandemic procedures and improper management definitely "complicated" and made more "complex" the handling of this pandemic and substantially contributed to the death toll.

Do you wear a mask at work? Do you recognize the need for masks to facilitate a common good? Do you recognize the concept of "common good" such as using seat belts and auto safety standard? Just asking.

I disagree with you concerning "finger pointing". If you can't put your finger on the problem(identify it) how are you going to properly manage it in the future?

Can you imagine the death toll if it weren't "catastrophized for maximum effect". I sense that most managers of the pandemic wished the president and his administration had maximized it more.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts