Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry, GeoRon, you're just angry at the wind, and that with insufficient cause. The flip side of such anger is ... fear. You don't need it, and neither do we. Trying to blame people you've chosen to hate simply drags everybody down.

Our own homegrown totals could be in the millions before this is over. A week after the first case, the only thing that would have stopped it is a nuke in Wuhan. Maybe. And that's before the world even heard of it.

If you find you seriously need to hate, get some help. You'll have a lot of company. But don't invite us all to your party. Before we get on that train, wise people look down the line to see where it is going. You see, anger is the first step toward hatred, and hatred is the last step before killing. This is a group that enjoys rivers, not gratuitous anger, hatred and fighting.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And deaths from what are historically the 5 leading causes of death are at or near record low rates. Funny that.
Ya, sure, that is, ah, real funny(?). MB font indicating facetious or sarcasm.

So bootboy and chop chop, you are advocates of covid? So you want more covid, more deaths, more shutdown, more unemployment, more national debt? Just asking so that I haven't misunderstood you.

Covid, so much maligned and misunderstood. All you need to prove your point is a cartoon of a covid virus riding a syringe down a rainbow slide from heaven.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ya, sure, that is, ah, real funny(?). MB font indicating facetious or sarcasm.

So bootboy and chop chop, you are advocates of covid? So you want more covid, more deaths, more shutdown, more unemployment, more national debt? Just asking so that I haven't misunderstood you.

Covid, so much maligned and misunderstood. All you need to prove your point is a cartoon of a covid virus riding a syringe down a rainbow slide from heaven.
View attachment 61897

Here we see demonstrated a perfect example of the 3 hallmark neuroses of leftist thought.

1. Cognitive Dissonance
2. Narcissistic Rage
3. Psychological Projection

Can you spot all 3?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here we see demonstrated a perfect example of the 3 hallmark neuroses of leftist thought.

1. Cognitive Dissonance
2. Narcissistic Rage
3. Psychological Projection

Can you spot all 3?
Funny, bootboy, we all have our problems.

If you are into clinical phycology, go read or watch in video what Mary Trump has to say about her uncle the losing-president, as opposed to president-elect.

And if you are into "rightest" conservative thought consider the below chart or the attachment. You may not like to know an in depth clinical phycological profiling of political or social conservatism. Probably a little to deep for most people bootboy.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts

If you are into clinical phycology, go read or watch in video what Mary Trump has to say about her uncle the losing-president, as opposed to president-elect.

And if you are into "rightest" conservative thought consider the below chart or the attachment. You may not like to know an in depth clinical phycological profiling of political or social conservatism. Probably a little to deep for most people bootboy.
View attachment 61908
Once again with the projection. I have not stated my position on any of these topics. You assume my position based on the fact that I’ve challenged yours. You’d probably be surprised on where I stand regarding a variety of issues.

I can give you several charts and graphs that show the relative incidence of mental health diagnoses across the political spectrum, but the thrusting of data and inconvenient information into the faces of people with your levels of cog-dis doesn’t really accomplish anything other than drive you further toward your break with reality. For everyone’s sake, especially yours, I’ll refrain from increasing the voltage.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about we establish a relationship built on honesty and share with me your true perspective on these topics rather than admit to lying. By saying you are here only to challenge me and lie might indicate who has the greater psychological issues. You saw the topic and the initiator of the thread and yet you chose to challenge yet you were unsuccessful. No problem except yours.

I am into political psychology so yes show me those graphs that you say you have if you even know where to look for them. I'd prefer peer reviewed papers rather than tripe.

·
Registered
221 Posts

View attachment 61908
"... with circles and arrows, and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one is ..."
Yeah, we got it.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not likely you got it but correct, the pdf explains the chart completely in dozens of paragraphs. But of course you did not think to look at the pdf. It is academic statistical phycology so don't even bother considering to read it.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Everybody in this thread is going on my "people to never boat with" list
Emotions are high. Tens of thousands of people died needlessly and an attempted overthrown of the United States just occurred.

I'm not ready yet to forgive the politics, the people and the enablers. The enablers are doubling down on their failed logic which is sad.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, GeoRon, you're just angry at the wind, and that with insufficient cause. The flip side of such anger is ... fear. You don't need it, and neither do we. Trying to blame people you've chosen to hate simply drags everybody down.

Our own homegrown totals could be in the millions before this is over. A week after the first case, the only thing that would have stopped it is a nuke in Wuhan. Maybe. And that's before the world even heard of it.

If you find you seriously need to hate, get some help. You'll have a lot of company. But don't invite us all to your party. Before we get on that train, wise people look down the line to see where it is going. You see, anger is the first step toward hatred, and hatred is the last step before killing. This is a group that enjoys rivers, not gratuitous anger, hatred and fighting.
VLS, you have racked up thumbs up from many self identifying "fascist". Do you have any reconsiderations? Such as nuking Wuhan and not recognizing our per capital death is caused by our own management of a pandemic by this president?

To conclude, yes, I have serious dislike for people who cause tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths and an attempted civil war. Do you want to be on side of history that resulted in death and attempt to destroy democracy? Just asking.

·
Registered
63 Posts
VLS, you have racked up thumbs up from many self identifying "fascist". Do you have any reconsiderations? Such as nuking Wuhan and not recognizing our per capital death is caused by our own management of a pandemic by this president?

To conclude, yes, I have serious dislike for people who cause tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths and an attempted civil war. Do you want to be on side of history that resulted in death and attempt to destroy democracy? Just asking.
Self identifying fascists? When President Trump called for a ban on flights from China, Joe called it xenophobic. You don't address that. You don't address poll watchers prohibited from witnessing election matters. How about cardboard placed in windows to block viewers from seeing what is going on in the polling centers? What about vote switching on national TV in front of all. Bet you've got a good explanation for that one, or will you just deny it? And quit with the democracy crap. Democracy is when the majority dictates to the minority and 75 million people is a huge minority.

You're old enough to either have children, grandchildren, or to have been around them at some time, so with that in mind: For instance, you're watching children and one has something in their hand that you become curious as to what it is. On approach, the child hides it behind their back. You can bet your ass the child is hiding something they shouldn't have. Democrats are the same way. When our side wanted to verify as the law allows and courts dictated, we were pushed out and threatened. This was a fraudulent election as evidenced by video and thousands of affidavits. Statistical analysis and machine forensics have proved such. Are you a science denier? If a judge refuses to look at the evidence and throws a case out for lack of evidence, you can bet your ass there is evidence. Antifa was allowed into congress by Capitol police to further the leftist narrative. The co-founder of BLM was arrested inside congress and then released without charges. You choose to label 75,000,000 people as fascists and traitors. Very dangerous rhetoric, or is this the left's definition of unity? You're a raging fanatic, but there are fanatics on both sides. This country is now divided so that I don't think we will ever be a united America again.

Let me end with a humorous thought. Don't worry about the current situation, because the Bible says it will only last seven years. LOL

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I've learned to avoid religious and conspiracy zealots. There are not "real" concerns. Like your religion, it is all fairy tales.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've learned to avoid religious and conspiracy zeolots. Their are not "real" concerns. Like your religion, it is all fairy tales.
I find that you've learned to avoid the truth. You bash those you disagree with by name calling and intimidation, a characteristic found in fascists. Also, earlier you claimed that while in college... I'd ask for a refund or a do over. Your English composition, spelling and choice of words, i.e.: *zealots, *there, are terrible. Also, I am not religious, while I am a believer. I am definitely not Christ like (Christian).

·
Registered
334 Posts
We as a country are pretty good at increasing “needless” deaths. Heart disease, diabetes, MVI’s, among many others. I am not as healthy as I should be and I can only blame myself (and In-N-Out).

My family has not been touched (yet) by COVID illness or economic catastrophe but I have close friends that have, and in some cases both. I am saddened for friends that have lost parents/grandparents as well as those that had a thriving business go bankrupt.

With 350k deaths or ~0.1% (to date) of US population attributed in some way to COVID I am interested to see the deviation in overall life expectancy over time. I am interested to see how it changes over the next 5-10 years. In some cases it may have accelerated some elderly deaths that would have come in the next couple years and in others loss of employment that may not recover for some time will likely have its own toll. Either way, with vaccine in its infancy, and while very high not 100% effective, and many local economies crushed the impacts will be with us for a long time.

Hopefully Blaster will still boat w/ me despite my minor, non-political, reasoned (hopefully), inclusion on this thread because I need river/ski/climbing friends now more than ever.

And with that I’m off to enter a really contentious debate: Drain - yea or nay.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts