Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1000 cfs on the Arkansas River is probably not going to happen, but we're expecting some water from the high reservoirs June 14-17 during the festival this year.
We've been trying to get a firm commitment from the powers that be, but nobody has numbers to throw out there. ie...

Officials agree to delay call for water until FIBArk - TheMountainMail.com: Free Content: water, snow, colorado state parks, whitewater sports, rivers

If anybody has the inside track, a good rumor, or just a good guess as to what we're going to get in Salida for FIBArk we'd like to hear.

Thanks,
FIBArk Board of Directors

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I will take the over for $30..

Payin bet.....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Harv is pry right but there is a reason bookies dont give 99 -1 too often.

Thanks for the concern rod and I take from your reply that you feel comfortable taking this bet ;).. I feel very comfortable with my $30 wager..

My take is that book makers dont give out the 99 - 1 very often for the exact reason our friend Mr Barnum is talking about. Since we all say things we regret- here is your last chance to Welch on this bet. If you are the type who is into Welchin out - that is fine we all make mistakes or it was a joke what ever you need to back out...

With the chance of rain in the upper basin's over the next few days, then takin into account fibark officially is from the 14th - 17th, and since somehow so much more water finds it's way into the ditch for fibark that it actually bumps the historic graphs. I can see where you may have misspoke and would want to renege.

I feel comfortable either way but if you dont reply that you want to welch out it looks like I will buy you dinner or you will buy me a new dirt bike to get over this low water season.

So what do you say? Do you want out or are you willing to put your $ where Mr Barnum's mouth is :):):)......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for crunching some numbers and listing some Vegas style stats slavetotheflyrod.
I think guesses have to be firm. No range river mamma, but the closest guess within 25 CFS can collect the money from Phil Gamache when he surveys the total on Friday afternoon. Phil is a busy guy so he probably can't sit in on negotiations for said dirt bike
Oh and hey Mike, why do you have to be so pessimistic? We're looking for some of those flashflood predictions like RDNek is throwing out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts