Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 7th Annual School of Mines ICEBREAKER Kayak Festival will take place April 15-17 at Clear Creek in downtown Golden.

Friday night, the 15th, we'll show the new LVM #15 and '05 Wavesport video-with FREE BEER! $6 gets you in with unlim. beer and 2 raffle tickets.

Sat, and Sun will hold citizen slalom races and rodeo.

Stay tuned for more!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds Awesome!

This sounds like a good time. What are the raffle prizes? Are there any prizes for winning the races? Who do I contact for more info?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There will be slalom racing, a rodeo, boatercross and other events. The races are for school clubs (college and high school) as well as citizens. We have tons of great prizes including gift certificates to Mountain Miser, Thule racks, and even a brand new WAVESPORT Kayak!

The movie premiere will feature LVM #15 and Doubleyouess. $6 gets you in the door, 2 raffle tickets, and all the Tommy Knocker brew you can drink. Doors open @7, movie starts at 8.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What's the skinny on under 21'ers at the movie premier? Is all the race registration the day of the event?

Ben

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ben-
Everyone is welcome to the movie premiere (all ages). As far as registration goes, you can register at the movie or the next day at the event or I can send you a race packet in the mail. Are you coming down with the school? Hope that answers all your questions.

Chad
[email protected]

·
Registered
429 Posts
David, the movie and beer will be in Coolbaugh Hall, room 209, Friday night. Check out this map to get to campus, and this map to get around campus. Coolbaugh is number 5 at the top-center of the map. It's on the north-east corner of 14th and Illinois.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You said it Open Boater, we are at the mercy of the weather. It is supposed to be warm through the week and maybe get some rain on Friday.

Ben, you going to the cks thing? Come to Golden to represent as we show WS promo! When will we see you? Dgo in May, for sure going to be fun.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The cardboard race is usually part of E-days, not the Icebreaker. E-days was last weekend. I am not an organizer for the Icebreaker, so I do not know if there is a cardboard race this year. I'm headed down to the park now, and will ask. If there is a cardboard event, I'll come back and post. Otherwise, assume no cardboard race.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts