Mountain Buzz

Mountain Buzz (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Boaters Forum | General Boating Topics (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Is Mountain Buzz Dead? (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f41/is-mountain-buzz-dead-97627.html)

Grif 04-17-2019 08:42 PM

Is Mountain Buzz Dead?

You can't sell shit here anymore. There's a couple dozen participants that haven't discovered Facebook yet. The archive answers almost any questions the community might have. We've all seen the ads. I think it's time to grow up or shut down!

Owners: do you want to sell it to someone who cares? Email me. Otherwise, quit half-assing something that used to be cool.

lagoonia 04-17-2019 08:48 PM

Amen Grif. It's terrible now.

rtsideup 04-17-2019 09:07 PM

Word

JPG87 04-17-2019 11:52 PM

Agreed. I've bought a raft, two frames, a kayak, and countless more gear off of here. I prefer it to facebook, but damn it's gone to shit.

Fly By Night 04-18-2019 12:11 AM

I'd expect the sales section to be dead after being useless for 6+ months. I thought about starting a forum with a heart and soul for everyone you migrate to for awhile.

Whitewater Worthy Equip 04-18-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly By Night (Post 728441)
I'd expect the sales section to be dead after being useless for 6+ months. I thought about starting a forum with a heart and soul for everyone you migrate to for awhile.

If you do, Please come up with a better price point for small business' to participate. The current price point does not make good business when evaluating cost vs revenue.

griz 04-18-2019 07:52 AM

It must be dead.

How do I know?

The pink Yeti cooler has been discontinued yet not a peep of foul play from a single Buzzard!

That’s how!

twoguns 04-18-2019 08:01 AM

Easy Now

It is having some trouble, but still works for me.
Does take some tricks to post.
I prefer to facebook or Craigslist.
Hadn't heard about the pink Yeti.....moment of silence here:(

Priceless 04-18-2019 08:06 AM

If you want to buy this website and create a good job for yourself running it, Private Message me for start up funds.

MT4Runner 04-18-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly By Night (Post 728441)

Please do.

After seeing this and another of my favorite forums sold to Vertcial Scope (The evil Maple Syrup Sucking Empire from the Cold North), the forums run on their own inertia pretty well for a couple of years, but slowly die as the "soul" is just not there as it is when it belongs to a human and they nourish it like they would a child or a garden.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitewater Worthy Equip (Post 728443)
If you do, Please come up with a better price point for small business' to participate. The current price point does not make good business when evaluating cost vs revenue.

It's an insane pricing structure. Our industry is small businesses.

Facebook is OK for discuSsion, but HORRIBLE for archives. And I'd rather donate my intellectual property to another boater than to zuckerberg.