Mountain Buzz

Mountain Buzz (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Whitewater Kayaking (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   Party to raise funds for Steamboat holes (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f11/party-to-raise-funds-for-steamboat-holes-58.html)

rico 10-17-2003 07:38 PM

Party to raise funds for Steamboat holes

Lower playhole is being repaired today. It will stay in place this time, garaunteed--new construction techniques were used.

And despite what Chunderboy might say, we'd love to have visitors, unless of course, you don't show up to help us pay for the things--dirtbags!

Attention Boaters and Friends:

Paddler and Kayak magazines and Friends of the Yampa are hosting a fundraiser. Proceeds will benefit the Friends of the Yampa and go toward the reconstruction of damaged Yampa River play features C and D. The event will be held at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 22nd at Mahogany Ridge Brewery and Tavern.

A cover charge of $10.00 for boaters and $5.00 for everyone else will get you in to dance to the rippin; sounds of the the Brewglass Boys and get you a raffle ticket to win many great prizes from sponsors mentioned below (including a new Dagger kayak). Also 10 percent of the evenings bar ring will benefit the cause.

So come on out dance, win prizes and support Friends of the Yampa and the reconstruction. This Wednesday!

latenightjoneser 03-18-2004 05:30 PM

Have both Steamboat holes been rebuilt?

just wondering

Geezer 03-18-2004 07:03 PM

I was thinking that those holes could go out and raise their own funds. :lol:

gh 03-18-2004 07:10 PM

October 22nd? Am i missing something?

gh 03-18-2004 07:11 PM

ok i get it, old post.

latenightjoneser 03-19-2004 12:06 PM

did both holes get rebuilt or just one?

HINDS 03-19-2004 01:40 PM

The Real Skinny on the Steamboat Holes

The C hole was partially damaged with the high water runoff last year. It still is a hole type feature and will be great this year as long as no more of it washes away. It was a kick ass wave above 3,000 but who knows if we will see that kind of flow again this year. The D hole down below was repaired this fall but we had to get a permit to pour concrete there. It will not was out this season but there has been so much sediment deposited below the hole that the designer Gary Lacy says it will not be too good unless we dig out that sediment, or dredge the area below the hole. The city has dicked us around and maintains that this would need another type of permit. So right now the D hole will probably be a washy wave and the C hole will be good this year. We are supposed to get the C hole tweaked and repaired but it is scheduled so late that the water, at this rate, will be too high to get in there and repair. That is how it is!
NICK

Chachi 03-20-2004 02:34 PM

Bummer, The D hole has all the potential of being "the big water hole" At 2,000 the pit was awesome. I liked the C hole, but I don't think it would hold quite the volume that the D potentially could. Oh well, at least upper fish gives us a reason to raid "Da boat"

another front range #$%hole
Keont

rico 03-22-2004 09:56 PM

Don't think "big water" will be much of an issue this year, unless it snows again soon. Bummer.

rico