Mountain Buzz

Mountain Buzz (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Whitewater Kayaking (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   Come to Oregon! (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f11/come-to-oregon-45901.html)

BryanS. 12-01-2012 07:00 AM

Come to Oregon!

Winter blues getting you down? Come to Oregon. EVERYTHING is running. Paradise on earth.

GAtoCSU 12-01-2012 10:05 AM

I'm flying into Portland on 1/3 and interviewing at OHSU on 1/4 for residency. I've kicked the idea around to try and paddle on 1/5. Think anything epic will be running? I'd have to lug a drysuit across the country and then try and find a boat and a crew to paddle with. Also need to find a place to stay there in Portland. Any advice on good places to stay near the hospital?

montuckyhuck 12-01-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanS. (Post 297934)
Winter blues getting you down? Come to Oregon. EVERYTHING is running. Paradise on earth.

Ok, I'm sold. Can I crash on your couch?

BryanS. 12-01-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAtoCSU
I'm flying into Portland on 1/3 and interviewing at OHSU on 1/4 for residency. I've kicked the idea around to try and paddle on 1/5. Think anything epic will be running? I'd have to lug a drysuit across the country and then try and find a boat and a crew to paddle with. Also need to find a place to stay there in Portland. Any advice on good places to stay near the hospital?

There is always something good near Portland. Not sure about where to stay as I'm in Central Oregon. Go to pdxkayaker.org and put out the word. You should be able to hook up with a crew, no problem. You can rent boats at next adventure, alder creek or kayak shed in hood river.

BryanS. 12-01-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montuckyhuck

Ok, I'm sold. Can I crash on your couch?

Mi casa is su casa.

mafro 12-01-2012 06:50 PM

Stomping in spirit with you, man.

caspermike 12-01-2012 07:05 PM

Charlie lets plan a trip. I start work Monday. its four day on, three off. Plenty of time to have some quality river time

BryanS. 12-01-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mafro
Stomping in spirit with you, man.

Are you back home?

montuckyhuck 12-01-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caspermike (Post 297971)
Charlie lets plan a trip. I start work Monday. its four day on, three off. Plenty of time to have some quality river time

So down! I just got laid off and really have a few runs on my list. I head to Driggs for family stuff around X-mas but been thinking about an Oregon trip for a bit now. Canyon Creek, EF Lewis, Eagle Creek, WF Hood, Wind.... yeah, lets roll.

brandob9 12-03-2012 12:36 PM

Add the Upper East Fork Hood to that list if the conditions are right, which they probably won't be around Christmas. 200+ fpm of 2-3' mini-boofs.