13' Whitewater Canoe - Mad River Outrage! - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

San Luis Valley between Salida and Alamosa, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1982
13' Whitewater Canoe - Mad River Outrage!

Foam pedestal seat with internal storage, foam knee blocks, thigh straps and float bags. Paddles not included. $900

Wood shown on top of boat is not part of boat; it carries boat on pulley system to hang boat from ceiling.

Mad River discontinued this model.

From reviews on paddling.com:
Submitted by: theshiv on 7/2/2014
Have paddled the Outrage for over 10 yrs now from NOC in NC to MKC in Ont. still an intermediate paddler because I don't get there enough, BUT this boat has handled everything I've asked it to and still looks great. Plus when I'm in it, it's an Outrage! Wish I had another one to loan to my buddies....

Love the boat, incredible...
Submitted by: Anonymous on 3/10/2008
Love the boat, incredible secondary stability. playful feel without the edginess. Light weight with wood . Bought a new one in august 07 after not being able to find a used one. I'm 192 lb. and the boat is fine... others recommended not to get the x unless you were over 220.

I'm 13 and have been...
Submitted by: Anonymous on 7/24/2007
I'm 13 and have been paddling my whole life and the Outrage was the first boat I got and it is the best boat for whitewater. I think it's easy to roll and it's fun to ride. It's stable and exciting.

I've paddled xl13 horizon...
Submitted by: Anonymous on 10/5/2006
I've paddled xl13 horizon 15 and other boats as well but I love my outrage more than anything else its surfs great its a great creeker and river runner its perfect.

I have been paddling for...
Submitted by: canayen on 3/22/2005
I have been paddling for many years. Started kayaking with them old Perception Dancers, but I started open canoeing 7 years ago. I since have tried many boats. From the new designs of Esquif to the very old ones of Blue Hole, Whitesell... Last year I decided to buy and Outrage after reading all the reviews on the net and never ever finding a review with something negative. Even if the design is old by today's standard it is still one of the best open boats out there. I've taken my Outrage on everything from canoe tripping to class V. It surfs well, tracks well, catches eddies and peels out like a king, jumps waterfalls... it does it all. I love this boat and so do all my buddies who have... the latest open boat design.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	full canoe.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	35395   Click image for larger version

Name:	canoe interior.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	665.9 KB
ID:	35397  

Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links