For Sale Cataraft and Trailer, and Motorcycle option (negotiable) - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-27-2019   #1

surrounded by mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
Cataraft and Trailer, and Motorcycle option (negotiable)

For Sale: Cataraft and Trailer, and Motorcycle option - (as package or separate, price negotiable).

This 14’ Aire Cataraft is the swiss-army knife of rafting enjoyment capabilities. It can be rigged as: (1) - a gear boat with a large custom Tuff River Stuff “Everything Bag” cargo area in back and large Engel Cooler and ammo boxes in front ; or (2) - the rear compartment can quick and easily be converted to accommodate one (center) or two passengers (side by side) seats in back; … or (3) - remove the back seats and the front cooler extension frame and shrink it down into a one-person big-water sport rig. The tubes hold air solidly with no leaks. I think they are 22” diameter tubes. I also have (can be sold separately) a smaller pair of 13’ x 19” tubes made by Incept for another convertibility option for low water adventures or to build a second raft with if you have another frame.

The Cat comes with:
Tubes (Two sets: 14’ Aire and with/or without 13’ Incept)
Frame (adjustable size with removable front extension and removable rear seat(s) and cross bars)
Three high-back seats
3 - 9’ Carlisle oars with counter weights and Cataract Magnum blades
Floor - full length mesh
Everything Bag (awesome Tuff River Stuff bag probably holds around 10 cubic feet of gear securely)
Engel Cooler
K-Pump
Ammo boxes(2) with patch and spare parts repair kit and medical kit
Cam straps for full assembly to rig solidly and secure all gear
Kevlar bow line

The Trailer is a long tongued (for easy backing), flat carpeted tilting deck with rollers, loading winch, motorcycle rail and ramp (for hauling your shuttle cycle), trailer jack, and spare tire in underneath storage compartment. Tires are in great shape, and I will include a new light kit and wiring.

The Motorcycle is an awesome street-legal (titled and tagged) KTM 250 EXC. This bike is an older but fully dialed (motor and suspension tuned by Slavens Racing) joy to ride in the mountains. I’ve trimmed the seat down to better suit my shorter height for reaching the ground with it having 12 inches of plush suspension travel. I’ve used it for running shuttles on shorter highway travels and lengthy dirt road shuttles, as well as extensive trail riding adventures. It can go around 60+ miles on a tank of gas.

As a package all of these items allow you to keep your raft rigged on the trailer, to have the cycle on the trailer for convenient running of a shuttle either before or after boating, to pull up and slide your boat off into the river quickly, and to easily tilt the deck cand crank the raft (fully loaded) up onto the trailer and get off the ramp in a hurry at the end of your trip. It is all an excellent setup and makes rafting more enjoyable. No assembling and disassembling your raft every trip and simplified shuttle capabilities.

The package is located in central Colorado and can be purchased with or without (available separately) the motorcycle or Incept tubes, but the Aire Cat, gear, and trailer must be purchased together. Thus, the price is negotiable. Cash in hand talks. Sorry, I will not sell the trailer alone. Give me a call at 719-221-1824.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	37879   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	37881  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg