For Sale 21 Foot Whitewater Raft - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-15-2019   #1

Pocatello, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1970
21 Foot Whitewater Raft

21 Foot Whitewater Raft. Model Name: El Grande. This was a limited model made by Campways and it is burly! It has a standard floor and is made of extra thick Hypalong.

It has been used a few times on the Colorado River and once on the Main Salmon. It has been stored indoors and the rubber is in superb shape. It has no patches. The floor and tubes lack any wear marks.

It has a set D-rings inside and out. Three large D-rings have been added to both the bow and stern for piece of mind when the boat is tied up at night.

Cost: $1,200. Shipping would be exorbitant, and you'll want to pick it up. I live in Pocatello, Idaho. Perhaps you can pick it up on the way to run a river.

(By the way, the first photo is the El Grande and all its gear being lifted in the air by a wave in Hermit Rapids on the Colorado.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DixAbroFly_LRes.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	37425   Click image for larger version

Name:	DixAbroCrystal1020.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	37427  

Name:	ElGrande1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	37429   Click image for larger version

Name:	ElGrande2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	511.8 KB
ID:	37431  

Name:	ElGrande3.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	37433  

watton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2019   #2

Paradise, California
Paddling Since: 1900
el grande

hey. that boat is huge! just off the middlefork...I saw your post before we went and talked to friends thinking maybe we could make a sweep boat out of it. It would be a project for sure but would be fun... also it would be fun to take on the grand as you have done allowing others to take small light boats.
just thoughts.
checking that you still have it and what your bottom line is. we are thinking a grand. for el grade... yes it is prob worth more but you are going to probably have a hell of a time selling it.
My friend Marcus is in boise (I am in northern CA). he would be willing to come look...i think he is on the way to the main salmon in a few days even...
what do you think? thanks. bruce
bmjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019   #3

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1970
That's a helluva lot of raft for only $1200. But ma-aa-an, I can see where it'd take a better man than me to move her when that bucket fills with water !
Still, it would be a MIGHTY FUN PROJECT to turn her into a Big Bailer! I can see buying a few gallons of glue and a couple of old Avons for the rubber ... tell everybody to bring food and drink; spend a week! We're gonna turn El Grande' into The Queen Mary!
villagelightsmith is offline   Reply With Quote