For Sale 2009 14' Sotar SL - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Classifieds > Rafts, Dories, Packrafts, SUP, and Accessories > Rafts and Accessories

Old 1 Day Ago   #1

Northern California, California
Paddling Since: 2009
2009 14' Sotar SL

So, I'm trying to sell my 2009 14' Sotar SL. I purchased it in 2014, and it's a great little boat. Footcups perfectly positioned, thwart hats with cam buckles, lex chafe strips on top of the tubes, and a double wrap on the bottom of the tubes, all the way around the boat. Once upon a time, this was a $7,000 boat. This raft was a demo boat kept on site at Sotar, and loaned out to outfitters on the Rogue's day trip. All work on the boat was done by Sotar.

That being said, the floor pocket is starting to leak around the seam tape, most of the way around the floor. It's not a fast leak- you probably wouldn't notice it on a day trip- but it definitely goes flat overnight. But the only real fix here is to replace the floor. Sotar quoted a new floor at $135/foot, and the floor is 12' long in this boat, so we're talking about a $1,620 expense.

The tubes are in good shape and hold air just fine overnight, there is some liquid lex applied here and there.

So, I'm thinking someone living in Southern Oregon or nearby may be interested in a great deal on a boat, since it's not such a PITA to have it taken care of at Sotar. All resonable offers will be considered, feel free to ask any questions.

I leave the country for the winter in 3 weeks, so if you'd like to purchase it soon, great. Otherwise, I'll repost in the spring, I'm not in a huge rush at this point. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0933.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	40493   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0934.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	40495  

Quality.Boof.Move is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links