For Sale 18' Achilles, frame, oars, Tbox - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-27-2019   #1
Water obligate

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
18' Achilles, frame, oars, Tbox

This is a classic canyon cruiser with plenty of room for family and friends. I had RaftFix give it a thorough inspection and make sure it was holding air. Rubber is in good shape with only a couple small professional patches. Older H-R valves have a very slow leak that requires topping off every few days. It is a bucket boat, not a bailer. Thwarts are not the removable kind - they provide extra flotation in the middle of the boat.

Has a plywood floor sections with skid-guard coating and hanging straps for front, middle, and rear.

T-box is wooden, not water tight should you manage to flip this beast, and could use a coat of paint.

3x 12' ash oars - these are well used but fully functional, also in need of paint (I have a quart of the red).

Pin and clip setup for rowing; tower position is adjustable to your preference.

Frame is one piece welded aluminum with a front deck piece and built in umbrella stand. The frame is a beast and the hardest part to transport if you don't have a trailer.

Needs a rowing seat and cooler(s); frame has spots on either side of the captain's bay for coolers or boxes.

Boat is still in storage, so I'm posting an old pic to gauge interest. Asking $2000 if you're willing to do the painting. Price will go up once I make it pretty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140313_180908.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	34139  

dardusius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2019   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Hey that's my old boat!

Owned this boat for about 5 years in early 90s. My buddy and I built that TBox and the floors.
Here's a picture from Bass Camp Grand Canyon 1992.
(but no- I don't want to buy it back)

Cool Throwback- Good luck selling it!

MC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	achilles grand 1992c.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	34153  
kwagunt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019   #3
Water obligate

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Awesome, thanks for the glimpse into it's past! It is definitely a classic, which is why I collected it - I'm a bit of a boat hoarder. May I ask what paint you used on the box and oars?

This is the perfect opportunity to mention that this boat probably hasn't been on the water in around 20 years and is in overall very good condition. The guy I bought it from (~4-5 years ago) had it in storage since the late 90s I believe and I never got around to using it either... too many boats.

Cheers!
dardusius is offline   Reply With Quote