SUP pump help - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-13-2018   #1

Western Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
SUP pump help

We have NRS big earl and badfish SUPs and 2 years ago invested $175 in Bravo high pressure electric pump. It has stopped working. I was told there was adaptor that you can buy to convert standard air compressor to allow for filling to high pressure. Any experience with this? I have k pump 220 to top off on river but often it is my wife filling sups so doing it by hand on regular basis is not going to fly. Any input on pumps/adaptors is much appreciated.

Advertisement

Old 07-14-2018   #2

Be very very careful comrade I have heard of more than one sorry soul who is over inflated with an air compressor. Not sure what brand you bought or if you are the type to read the actual instructions but many companies expressly tell you not to do that.
mkashzg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018   #3

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
These are ok, my daughters each have one

https://www.seaeagle.com/Accessories...-electric-pump
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2018   #4

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
If your air compressor has a reglated outlet, set it for about 20psi or whatever your inflatable SUP manufacturer recommends.

A lot of air compressors come with that blowoff gun; wrap electrical tape around the end until you get a diameter the same as the inside of your valve. Or you can stack a couple pieces of vinyl tubing of increasingly larger diameter over that valve.

I used a piece of 1/4" rubber hose with a piece of garden hose jammed over it, and use it to inflate my rafts. Above caveat from mkashzg is good advice--don't over-inflate, your air compressor doesn't care!
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote