Best places for SUP in Colorado?? - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-11-2013   #1

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Best places for SUP in Colorado??

Does anyone know some good places to go in Colorado? I've seen some folks in Salida on the Arkansas, are there other fun places where both a beginner and more experienced person can go? Thanks for the tips!

River.Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013   #2

C. Springs, Colorado
The Upper Colorado......anywhere between Pumphouse and Dotsero. Rancho Del Rio to State Bridge is the most popular beginner section.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #3

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Thanks caverdan! Is is better for beginners to go later in the season, like July or August? Or is there not enough water then? Appreciate the help
River.Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013   #4

C. Springs, Colorado
It depends on the year and how they are controlling the run off. This year, they were filling reservoirs and the water level remained low until the Eagle quit running. I would say you want the water level to be somewhere around 1000 cfs. You just have to watch the flows and the Buzz for the latest updates on conditions.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #5

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Shoshone and Grizzly runs on the Colorado are very popular around here. Shoshone is a class 3 (my fave here), Grizzly class 2. Plus there are hot springs on the river at certain lower levels around Glenwood. I also SUP on the Roaring Fork through town, class 2/3. People also SUP on the Glenwood wave. Pretty good SUP scene around here.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote