anyone having issues with their surftech B1? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-10-2013   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
anyone having issues with their surftech B1?

I was at CKS today talking to someone who said they've seen B1's that have started to take on water because people have (somehow) punctured them.

Then today, after surfing, I found a CRACK running across the TOP of my board about 2 feet back from the nose. It's hard to tell if it's taking on water yet... but if it's not it soon will. Not sure how or why this crack developed

Anyone else having issues with the B1? I love this board... and almost want to get another one, but not if people are having issues with them.

benjamin_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013   #2

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin_smith View Post
I was at CKS today talking to someone who said they've seen B1's that have started to take on water because people have (somehow) punctured them.

Then today, after surfing, I found a CRACK running across the TOP of my board about 2 feet back from the nose. It's hard to tell if it's taking on water yet... but if it's not it soon will. Not sure how or why this crack developed

Anyone else having issues with the B1? I love this board... and almost want to get another one, but not if people are having issues with them.
they should warrenty that, i had a friend who cracked his as well.
skideeppow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
they should warrenty that, i had a friend who cracked his as well.
Your friend must have better connections than me The board is over a year old. Customer service gave me some tips for fixing it, but no new board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013   #4

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin_smith View Post
Your friend must have better connections than me The board is over a year old. Customer service gave me some tips for fixing it, but no new board.
where did you buy it?
i would think they would cover it since they clamied that the boarded is bomb proof.
But i have also found that service in this industry is not was it should be.
skideeppow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
where did you buy it?
i would think they would cover it since they clamied that the boarded is bomb proof.
But i have also found that service in this industry is not was it should be.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I bought it from an REI garage sale last winter. So no luck having REI deal with it.

After chatting with Surftech and Bounce Composites I basically used ptex to repair it as best as possible. We'll see how it holds up.