2016! SUP! - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-18-2016   #1

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
2016! SUP!

This forum has been stale for a bit. I saw a thread on Faceslut about where people are doing a raft assisted sup trip. Lets start one on here, or even better self assisted sup trip. Last year I did 2 nighter on the north platte from Six Mile Gap Campground to Treasure Island (near Encampment, Wyo). This year going to try a 3 night from below Flaming Gorge dam to Browns Park.

SteamboatBORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016   #2

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I am headed to the Salt this weekend for a little raft assisted SUP. Doubly stoked because my 2016 boards just arrived too so I'll get to test drive the new MVP. I'll post some photos when I get back.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harvey View Post
I am headed to the Salt this weekend for a little raft assisted SUP. Doubly stoked because my 2016 boards just arrived too so I'll get to test drive the new MVP. I'll post some photos when I get back.
Look forward to seeing pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
Quote:
I've heard good things about the Salt. Looking forward to hearing how it is on the SUP.
Old 02-22-2016   #5

Quote:
How many nights are you going for and what section of the salt?
Old 03-10-2016   #6

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I'm up for some trips

I am always up for an overnight trip. I SUP, raft, and occasionally get into a kayak (been a while). I also have a hubby that rows and a lot of rafter buds. Let me know what you are planning! Salt sounds fantastic, but I've never floated it.

I really need to get on the water.

Happy SUPing!

Kim
kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016   #7

Bisters, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Did my first ocean SUP surf this winter. Loved it!! I'm a kayaker not board surfer and was stoked to have some bracing skills that helped speed the learning curve. After a few days I was catching small waves, making some turns, and even staying dry for a few laps in a row. The perspective of standing on the water is so cool! I got to paddle with a pod of dolphins, and watch sea turtles and fish flying beneath me! SUP. I get it now. Definitely gunna SUP surf the river this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacn View Post
Did my first ocean SUP surf this winter. Loved it!! I'm a kayaker not board surfer and was stoked to have some bracing skills that helped speed the learning curve. After a few days I was catching small waves, making some turns, and even staying dry for a few laps in a row. The perspective of standing on the water is so cool! I got to paddle with a pod of dolphins, and watch sea turtles and fish flying beneath me! SUP. I get it now. Definitely gunna SUP surf the river this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Drank the kool-aid! Nice
Old 03-19-2016   #9

Steamboat, Colorado
I supped abc on the green last year. Lots of fun!
efis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by efis View Post
I supped abc on the green last year. Lots of fun!
How many nights? And what camp sites you like?